our visit to GT

heymom32000

We were on the Oct 14th Fantasy sailing. After reading on here I was not expecting much from Grand Turks. Dh and I slept in a bit, got off the ship and went to the right to look for conch shells. We had to walk quite a long way but finally started seeing some. All were broken. On down the beach we saw a man digging in the sand. Up come a fully intact shell. So we too started digging. We would find a tip of a shell sticking up in the sand, dig, and pull up a nice size conch shell. How wonderful! We did this for awhile, leaving ones we didn't want on top of the sand for others to find. We came back to the ship with 4 nice sized shells....1 was pretty large. The last night of the cruise we gave 2 of our table mates a shell since they did not find any. Now to soak them and clean them up. Any ideas how to make them smooth like the vendors?

After shell hunting we shopped for souviners for our kids. I was a bit shocked at the prices. Those selling were not willing to lower prices at all. We finally found stuff then went to hang out at the margaritaville pool. We were down at the far end of the pool where the beach and water meet. Was beautiful and relaxing. Dh did get us a margarita to drink while we sat. Got to see the Miss Margaritaville contest....man some of those girls can shake like it is second nature. Dh asked me why I don't dance like that for him at home. I just laughed and said I'm not sure I could shake like that. hehehehee Maybe I need some lessons so I can entertain him better. LOL

We headed back to the ship right after the contest ended. There was a bit of a line but not to bad.

heymom.

glad you enjoyed your stay on grand turk. To me it was like paradise.

BTW I filmed the mr. margarita, i know there was a young guy coming on our cruise who was from the forces. If you read this and it was you, I could run a copy of it for you if you like....For a price maybe!!!Just joking.

Did you happen to meet up with him?

Archived