love/hate relationship

m steve

I really hate all X is doing about liquor and wine but I love that I will get a $200 onboard credit and that the stock is up almost $500 since I bought it a few months ago. I suppose that makes up for the screwing charge for my twist top wine.

you mean a mylar bag INSIDE a cardboard box. :p

FWIW, a friend of mine in banquets made note that X's policy states "alcohol" and not wine and beer (but, i did see "alcoholic beverage" also). he said that in the hotel/banquet industry that alcohol refers to hard liquor. he's been on a few cruises (X and RCI) and noted that people brought wine on board. i'm definitely not saying this is gospel and i am taking it "with a grain of salt." it's just another observation.

11/10/06 on Mercury will be my first cruise and i've been stressing a bit about this issue having read MANY posts about it. i've decided i'm going to take a couple of bottles (local wineries). i'm at peace with the fact that they may be confiscated until the end. besides, i'll have a couple complimentary bottles of champagne in my room already. :D

Jeffrey

with the new screw tops on wine, what is the difference in twisting off the wine bottle v. the water bottle? They will take the top off the water bottle for free when you pay the $3 for water. It's like Watergate but this time it's winegate. Follow the money!

It appears that people are losing interest in this topic after it was exhausted in several other threads.

That may be, but this thread yielded a great line:

It's like Watergate but this time it's winegate. Follow the money!

Archived