This is not 0kay!

DesertDaisy

We have always followed the rules, no smuggling liquor. We have always ordered our liquor through Princess. The prices were reasonable and we were happy. I do not want mixers, I would like to buy a bottle of Absolute and a bottle of Jack, not a 3.75 bottle with a selecton of mixers. Not going to do it! Our next cruise is 3-27-07, and I will be smuggling liquor! I love Princess, but I do like a drink in our room. This is not okay! I am not happy about breaking rules, but I'm going to do it. It's not fair to change in the middle of the stream, and I'm not going to do it! Sorry, I am a bit angry and a bit redundant, how come no one else is yelling? You know what, our last cruise 3-06, we didn't even drink it all, and there were 12 of us, we left it for our cabin steward. Interested in your comments. Phyllis

Don't sweat the small stuff and don't let it ruin your vacation. Do what you have to do and have a great cruise. There will always be things that are not OK. Just put your energy in what is really important. And have a great cruise:D

The reason nobody is yelling is because this has been in effect for many months now. I agree, it isn't a good thing for any of us that like to have a drink in our cabin. BUT............it could be worse, some of the other lines have stopped selling any liquor for in cabin consumption and are even searching checked bags and removing any trying to be smuggled on, including waterbottles that passengers are hiding it in. So, I guess most of us look at it as IT COULD BE MUCH WORSE!

I am trying to remember when they changed this to only 375 ML bottles with mixers and I think it was sometime last spring or possibly late winter. I know friends tried to order a liter bottle to be delivered to our cabin back in February and could only get the 375 ML. That is when I found out for sure there would be no more cocktail parties in our stateroom. :( Either no parties or very limited guests. :( :(

You were very lucky last March to still be able to order the larger bottles. It went from ship to ship and not sure which one you were sailing on, but it must have been one of the last ones that this went into effect on.

Thanks for the comments, especially Toto, you are both right, it shouldn't matter, but it does! You are of course correct, this has been in effect for at least 5 months, and I have been waiting for some backlash. None, I really have tried to do things right but this is silly, I don't want mixers! We do buy wine with dinner, we do buy a drink. I also always order a six-pack of coke for our room, pre-cruise. I will be smuggling! I will be the person in line to board, with excessive sweat and a guilty look. Not my way, I do try to do things according to Hoyle, no way, not this time! Thank you for your feedback, Phyllis

Last cruise was in March of 2006 on the Shappire. Great cruise, first time with anytime dining. We ordered the liquor pre cruise, just like always. We didn't finish it, as we were a group of 12. Now, anytime dining works if you are not a group of 12. 4 of us, could get sitted with no problem at any time. Back to my original thread, still not going to do it, I want to but do not want mixers. Won't use them. Resent them, not going to do it! Thanks for your comments. Phyllis

Phyllis we feel your pain! :mad: While nothing is going to ruin our cruise or make us stop sailing we too are going to break the "rule" this upcoming cruise and smuggle booze on board.

We are part of a group of at least 8 who always spend time out on the balconies enjoying our own cocktail event at whenever we wanted. Always bought the big bottles from Princess, always ended up leaving what had not been consumed, really really enjoyed the convience. So like you, we are mad as heck. We will soon have to waste time (better spent doing other things) figuring out "how" and "who" in the group is going to bring the "what".

BTB, my guess is the lack of yelling on this board (there has been some) is that everyone else just said "oh heck, guess I'll have to break that rule" too.

We have always followed the rules, no smuggling liquor. We have always ordered our liquor through Princess. The prices were reasonable and we were happy. I do not want mixers, I would like to buy a bottle of Absolute and a bottle of Jack, not a 3.75 bottle with a selecton of mixers. Not going to do it! Our next cruise is 3-27-07, and I will be smuggling liquor! I love Princess, but I do like a drink in our room. This is not okay! I am not happy about breaking rules, but I'm going to do it. It's not fair to change in the middle of the stream, and I'm not going to do it! Sorry, I am a bit angry and a bit redundant, how come no one else is yelling? You know what, our last cruise 3-06, we didn't even drink it all, and there were 12 of us, we left it for our cabin steward. Interested in your comments. Phyllis

Please catch me up, what exactly has changed? I, too would like to enjoy a pre dinner drink and a late night drink on the balcony. I have searched for a way to have a gift sent to our room but no one (cruise line included) offers what the DH would like. So here we are, considering following in the foot steps of the many that have gone before us, contemplating and "smuggling". I will also be in line fanning my face, trembling inside, fearful of being found out,.....Seems like paying taxes, you pay an accountant a lot of money to figure out a way that you don't have to pay an even larger amount of money. :(

We were on the Crown Princess in August, and when we tried to order the 350 ml bottle of scotch, we were told they were all out and wouldn't be getting any more during our cruise (this was on about the 2nd day.) Needless to say, we were really unhappy at that point!! For a drink on our balcony before dinner, we had to make do with the wine we brought onboard. Next time we'll be joining the guilty smugglers....

Wouldn't it be easier to order drinks from room service? That way you could have them on your balcony whenever you chose to: before dinner, before bed, etc. Or doesn't room service deliver drinks? We always go to a lounge prior to dining or for a nightcap.

We were on the Crown Princess in August, and when we tried to order the 350 ml bottle of scotch, we were told they were all out and wouldn't be getting any more during our cruise (this was on about the 2nd day.) Needless to say, we were really unhappy at that point!! For a drink on our balcony before dinner, we had to make do with the wine we brought onboard. Next time we'll be joining the guilty smugglers....

Love you avatar, I assume it is an ADT, I have two Welsh Terriers, and my nephew has an ADT. Love them!

jc

Wouldn't it be easier to order drinks from room service? That way you could have them on your balcony whenever you chose to: before dinner, before bed, etc. Or doesn't room service deliver drinks? We always go to a lounge prior to dining or for a nightcap.

We are a group of ten that cruise every year, and like Esther, we meet at a lounge usually outside the dining room and have a cocktail before dinner. Never thought of ordering drinks room service. Does that work?

Love you avatar, I assume it is an ADT, I have two Welsh Terriers, and my nephew has an ADT. Love them!

jc

Yes !!! That's Molly, our Airedale -- you can tell who is REALLY in charge in this household. I only wish I could figure out a way to take her cruising with us. We have a devoted house and pet sitter for her, but it's still not the same as having her with us.

xpcdoojk-

Where do you live and have Welsh Terriers? I arrived upon the household scene just three weeks AFTER my parents' Welsh Terrier Pandora. We grew up together, constant companions.

Welsh Terriers seem impossible to find in the pacific northwest. Now that we are dogless, I want a Welsh for my now older-age companion.

Sorry to hijack the thread!

Archived