Radiance - What happened to Books, Books and Coffee?

We just returned recently from a sailing on the Brilliance. While on the ship, something triggered a memory from the Radiance about a combined book and coffee shop called "Books, Books and Coffee".

My husband had no recollection of it, so I asked two high ranking officers on the ship about it, (both had also sailed the Radiance) and both said it never existed.

I thought I was going crazy.

Now I've just stumbled across a site that SHOWS a picture of "Books, books and coffee" and I've done searches and it pops up everywhere.

Now that I know I'm NOT mad. . .

What happened to that?

Anyone know?

:( This sounds terrible... how could you do away with a books, books, and coffee place???? I mean, get rid of the coffee MAYBE.. (and that's stretching it for a Pacific Northwesterner)............. but the books part? Now that's just too darn hard to swallow for a reading teacher like myself.

I guess I'll just have to try and focus on the food, fun, relaxation and scenery to try and get me through the 7 days I'll be "stuck" on the Radiance next month. (But I can quietly mourn the loss of a book place, can't I?) :confused:

Are you kidding me? it's still in all their literature and web sites for the Radiance......that's false advertising.......we just booked the Radiance and I was really looking forward to it (and maybe not lugging all of my own books).

The bookstore part wasn't really all that extensive. Very small. Yes, it is the conference center now, but the specialty coffee is still available at Latte-tudes, which is in the centrum, but I forget which deck. The cookies and pastries are free (at least they were when we sailed last year) and very good.

The library is pretty good, so you don't need to lug a lot of books with you!

I am speaking of the Radiance, not the Brilliance.

"We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change, modify, delete or otherwise alter portions of these terms at any time. Any such change, modification, deletion or alteration shall be effective immediately upon posting the same on a Company website. Please check these terms periodically for changes."

"The Company has used reasonable efforts in collecting, preparing and providing quality information and material, but does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to this website or any other Company website. Users of information from this website or any other Company website or links do so at their own risk. We assume no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of any Company website. While the Company may make changes to the information in any Company website or to any Company service or product at any time without notice, the Company makes no commitment to update the information on a Company website."

And as far as I can see, the bookstore is no longer mentioned on RCI's website.

We were on the Radiance a couple of years ago and it had the books and coffee place, and from what I understand it is still the same on that ship.

They changed a few things on the newer Radiance class of ships. We just got off the Serenade about a month ago and noticed a few changes.

On the newer ships the coffee area is now called Latte-tudes, and we liked it much better. It has a really great coffee bar with free treats, like cookies and bars (on the Radiance they charged for those). It has different seating areas and there are some tables with computers to use the internet. It's in an area that has large windows and is also open to the centrum, which made it great for people watching. It is brighter but somehow it still seemed cozy . . . and there is always the library area for books.

There were a few other things that were different from the Radiance, but the only other thing I can remember right now is that there are hard see through plastic sliding doors for the shower instead of plastic shower curtains. Fantastic change!

Archived