baby food on cruise...ideas?

cwpsy

My wife doesn't want to be seperated from our little girl, Makenzie, for a cruise we are planning in February. Our daughter will be 9 months at that time. My wife purees her own baby food, but she is not sure how she could do that ....and heat it up on the cruise. Any help from others who have done this or have had similar experiences would be appreciated.

Wondering...would the kitchen puree foods we supplied or would they puree things from their kitchen if asked?

My wife doesn't want to be seperated from our little girl, Makenzie, for a cruise we are planning in February. Our daughter will be 9 months at that time. My wife purees her own baby food, but she is not sure how she could do that ....and heat it up on the cruise. Any help from others who have done this or have had similar experiences would be appreciated.

Wondering...would the kitchen puree foods we supplied or would they puree things from their kitchen if asked?

I haven't had this situation, but there is a lot of food available in the buffet that a 9 month old could eat. Room service is another choice. If you feel uncomfortable, call the cruise line direct and ask. Our last cruise had a lot of babies, so this will not be anything new for them.:rolleyes:

Jan

Our daughter will be 9 months at that time. My wife purees her own baby food, but she is not sure how she could do that ....and heat it up on the cruise.

my suggestion: as she starts eating pablum, imediatly get her on texture, if you dont purree everything then she learns how to eat textures right away. I have a 8 month old she now eats bite size pieces of veggies, meat, noodles, anything really.

This is what i did, at 6 1/2months when i started her on her first pablum Rice, i also gave her some puffed rice to eat in her high chair, she played and tarted to put in mouth, it mushes pretty fast in mouth. Then she moved to oat, so i started her on cherios anlong with pablum, etc (you can also get bite size pufies in fruits and veggies at walmart or other stores, ie:graduates, these are great and they desolve in mouth). Then as she moves on to other foods dont puree it all let her enjoy the different testures of food, mash it. This is now what is recomended by the health proffessionals (in Canada anyway).

Advantages; Baby learns quickly, and learns not to Choke or Gag. Ive seen so many babies who lived off of purreed food so long and then when anything else was added they would choke so easily.

My first daughter (now 3 1/2), never would choke, or gag and she learned on her own to spit out anything that didnt mush in her mouth or teeth. Infact i remember we took her cherry pickingwhen she was one years old, we put her on the ground, but she would see a cherry and pick it up to eat, so i gave her some to munch on, others around were shocked as every cherry that went in her mouth, out would come the pit right after.

Im sure that at nine months there will be tons at the buffet for her to eat. We had no problem taking our 7 1/2 year old to a buffet 2 weeks ago, We feed her soup, mashed potatoes, crackers, veggies etc. She doesnt eat alot but she can eat alot of variety.

Good luck, i hope this works for you!

Buy the way we are leaving our kids at grandmas for our 11night cruise, our youngest is now 8 months, i will be missing her lots, however its our 10 aniversary, and it is important to have couple time too, besides i know they are in good hands.

When my son was a baby he wouldn't touch anything that was pureed, baby food or otherwise. We just fed him table food, anything that would mash up or dissolve. He ate just about everything that we did, although in tiny bites and/or mashed. Now that he's 10, he's one of the least picky eaters I've ever seen - the kid will eat whatever is given to him, as long as it isn't touching anything else :)

Just mash foods up with your fork and keep an eye on him and you should be fine. Besides, there's always soups and crackers.

Archived