What is St Lucia known for?

gogetter

What is St Lucia known for.........Bananas..........and Tourism.

Agriculture products are bananas, coconuts, vegetables, citrus, root crops, cocoa

Industries are clothing, assembly of electronic components, beverages, corrugated cardboard boxes, tourism; lime processing, coconut processing

As far as cruise passengers are concerned, St. Lucia is known for its natural caribbean beauty. It's often called the "Hawaii of the Caribbean". Lush tropics, great beaches, a drive-in volcano, a sulphur spring, mineral water falls, plantations, fishing villages, etc. And of course,the towering twin mountains that rise out the sea, the Pitons. We will be stopping their on our southern caribbean cruise (that leaves in 70 days!) and we have a day tour booked with Cosol. He's going to show us around the island and take us to all of it's main highlights. Can't wait. Great place for lots of pictures. Cosol is a local native and his tours came highly reccommended!

As far as cruise passengers are concerned, St. Lucia is known for its natural caribbean beauty. It's often called the "Hawaii of the Caribbean". Lush tropics, great beaches, a drive-in volcano, a sulphur spring, mineral water falls, plantations, fishing villages, etc. And of course,the towering twin mountains that rise out the sea, the Pitons.

Very well said.

We actually did a cruiseline tour here last November. We usually like to rent cars and do our own thing but were forewarned about the driving here. We did the "Land & Sea to Soufriere" and altho it was a long day we thoroughly enjoyed it...... bus down the coast with lots of interesting stops along the way including lunch *YUM* and then onto a catamaran and a sail back along the coast to the ship.....

I agree with Sun and Beach. Having just been to St. Lucia last week I'd say it is best known for it's stunning beauty. It was the prettiest of all the wonderful islands we visited on the Adventure of the Seas southern Caribbean itinerary. The only island that comes close is St. John, but it doesn't have the lush vegitation and souring mountains that St. Lucia has.

I didn't get to see the Atlantic side, but I'll bet it's just as spectacular.

Archived