Pre cruise hotel in LA/Long Beach

O2Bcrusin

We are cruising on the Vision of the Seas in April and am not sure if we are leaving out of LA or Long Beach. I am looking for a hotel for the night before the cruise that has a shuttle to the pier and will let us part our car at the hotel while we are on the cruise. Does anyone know of a decent hotel that will do this?

We are cruising on the Vision of the Seas in April and am not sure if we are leaving out of LA or Long Beach. I am looking for a hotel for the night before the cruise that has a shuttle to the pier and will let us part our car at the hotel while we are on the cruise. Does anyone know of a decent hotel that will do this?

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn San Pedro 3 times and find it to be a good hotel close to the port with park and shuttle service. Ask for a room with a view of the cruiseport. See pic below I took from my hotel window.

http://www.holidayinnsanpedro.com/cruise.htm#PARK

1512524201_holidayinnview.jpg.b0e8d73ba9a380d2eea6080e0d930cd2.jpg

I second the recommendation for the Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza San Pedro. I stayed there when it was a Sheraton and the hotel was great.

They have a Park and Sail Package for $169.00 which includes the room, a bottle of wine, breakfast for 2, free parking for the length of your cruise and a shuttle to/from the ship.

...and just to confirm...with the Vision of the Seas, you will be cruising out of SAN PEDRO, not Long Beach...At present, only Carnival cruises out of Long Beach...

The two cruise terminals are on different sides of the harbor, approximately six miles apart...

Still, some folks sailing out of San Pedro still choose to stay at a hotel in Long Beach as there are a wider selection of hotels and restaurants there and a few more things to do...

If you are only arriving in town the night before the cruise and just want convenience to the pier, the above recommendations in San Pedro will fit the bill...and as long as you have a car, you can find restaurants in Long Beach...or anywhere...for that night before...My personal restaurant recommendation in the area is Parker's Lighthouse in Shoreline Village...

http://www.selectrestaurants.com/parkerslight/index.html

http://www.opentable.com/rest_profile.aspx?rid=4461

One of the best settings for a pre-cruise dinner--with views of the Queen Mary...

Have fun...

I second the recommendation for the Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza San Pedro. I stayed there when it was a Sheraton and the hotel was great.

They have a Park and Sail Package for $169.00 which includes the room, a bottle of wine, breakfast for 2, free parking for the length of your cruise and a shuttle to/from the ship.

To Clarify, the Holiday Inn and the Crowne Plaza are two separate hotels. The Crowne Plaza in San Pedro used to be the Sheraton. We just stayed there a month ago before our Radiance Cruise to Hawaii. The Crowne Plaza gets my vote.

Archived