Leaving on the Constellation for the 10th time

Cruise'n Chrissy

Would love to hear why you love Constellation so much. We'll be sailing on her for the first time next year. We've sailed Celebrity five times prior (Century 2x, Galaxy 1x and Summit 2x). Also, would like to hear more about your experience on SilverSea. We've considered sailing with them but just haven't taken the leap yet. Is it worth the extra cost? Thanks in advance for your comments.

Hi' date=' I'm new here. So excited to go on my absolute favorite ship from NJ this Friday for an 11 day cruise. Last month we were on the Zenith, but it's just not the same.

:)[/quote']

We just got off of the Constellation on the Canada/New England cruise 10/5-16th and it was wonderful. First time that I have been on that ship and it is just the right size as far as I am concerned.(1950 passengers). I usually have sailed Princess but I liked the itiniery better on Celebrity. We had plenty of room in our cabin which was 7174; no problems at all. The Bar at the Edge of the Earth was great in viewing Sagunay River(sp). Their sandwich bar is wonderful at noontime. Have a great cruise.

marilyn

Hi' date=' I'm new here. So excited to go on my absolute favorite ship from NJ this Friday for an 11 day cruise. Last month we were on the Zenith, but it's just not the same.

:)[/quote']

Hi Cruise'n Chrissy :)

The Constellation is also my favorite ship in Celebrity's Fleet :)

Would love to hear why you love Constellation so much. We'll be sailing on her for the first time next year. We've sailed Celebrity five times prior (Century 2x, Galaxy 1x and Summit 2x). Also, would like to hear more about your experience on SilverSea. We've considered sailing with them but just haven't taken the leap yet. Is it worth the extra cost? Thanks in advance for your comments.

To me it just has everything I want. It is worth the extra cost believe me. Although we have a great deal time and only booked it a week ago. The best spa, good food and no so crowded. The ship is elegant, the staff are fabulous, we love the Capt. I know it with my eyes closed at this point..LOL We even took this ship translantic which was fabulous. If you are going to go translantic, do it from the Caribbean not New England.

I suggest you take a look at the ship and you'll see how pretty it is.

Oh SilverSea you are completely pampared. For the price it is worth every penny. Anything you want and I mean that. They stock your room with whatever you like to drink. Caviar in the middle of the night if you wanted. Laundry room on every floor. Marble bathroom is regular sized like at home. We went on the Silver Whisper, highly recommend. Just 1st class all the way.

Hope this helps.

We cruised on the Constellation when she was 2 months old in Europe. We will be on her again in April, 2007 for the second time. We have been on other Celebrity ships since then (Infinity, Millenium, Millenium, and Mercury).

I'm interested in how the Constellation looks after 5 years. I hope you have a great cruise and any info on the condition and staff of the Constellation will be appreciated. I already heard that Sudi is off the ship (He was great).

We just got off of the Constellation on the Canada/New England cruise 10/5-16th and it was wonderful. First time that I have been on that ship and it is just the right size as far as I am concerned.(1950 passengers). I usually have sailed Princess but I liked the itiniery better on Celebrity. We had plenty of room in our cabin which was 7174; no problems at all. The Bar at the Edge of the Earth was great in viewing Sagunay River(sp). Their sandwich bar is wonderful at noontime. Have a great cruise.

marilyn

That's great. You flew in from Modesto, CA for the cruise? We have done that cruise. We like warmer weather. Went on the new Princess boat in July and it was way too crowded for my taste. Almost 3,000, irrc. It was only the second sail before it keeled over the next week. Thank god for that. Oops, someone pressed the wrong button..LOL

We cruised on the Constellation when she was 2 months old in Europe. We will be on her again in April, 2007 for the second time. We have been on other Celebrity ships since then (Infinity, Millenium, Millenium, and Mercury).

I'm interested in how the Constellation looks after 5 years. I hope you have a great cruise and any info on the condition and staff of the Constellation will be appreciated. I already heard that Sudi is off the ship (He was great).

Pretty much the boat is the same except for they painted the outside blue and white instead of blue w/yellow. We didn't like it. Maybe they'll paint it back. Which one was Sudi? one of the bartenders? A few of the staff we got to know well are now on the Millenium.

Went on the Mercury in May for their last cruise to Mexico before Alaska. That was fun, the food was fabulous, the staff were amazing and we met the Capt. (who is no longer the capt. unfortunately) a few times. Even the chefs were very social and spoiled us. I'd do that cruise again.

That's great. You flew in from Modesto' date=' CA for the cruise? We have done that cruise. We like warmer weather. Went on the new Princess boat in July and it was way too crowded for my taste. Almost 3,000, irrc. It was only the second sail before it keeled over the next week. Thank god for that. Oops, someone pressed the wrong button..LOL[/quote']

Chrissy, there are Princess ships that are not that big like the Crown and the Carribbaean. My very favorite ship is the Coral Princess. It is the same size as the Constellation(1950 passengers). The Island Princess is a sister to it. They are great, great ships. Try them sometimes.

Marilyn

Hi, Chrissy!

If you take a look back through the posts you may see some helpful information. Hope you are able to make it to the get together between 2 and 4 in the Rendezvous lounge!

We have sailed on the Summit 4 times, and are really looking forward to seeing what her sister ship is like.

Safe travels, and hope to see you on the ship!

We'll be there on Friday also.... Heard that Sudi was on the Century, he will be missed....This is our 4th time on the Connie....Fab ship!!!Is there a Roll Call for this??? Have signed up for them in the past,but have been real early for us "late risers"

Hi, Chrissy!

If you take a look back through the posts you may see some helpful information. Hope you are able to make it to the get together between 2 and 4 in the Rendezvous lounge!

We have sailed on the Summit 4 times, and are really looking forward to seeing what her sister ship is like.

Safe travels, and hope to see you on the ship!

Yes I saw that. Thanks. Unfortunately my SO and I are under the weather so major rest is on the menu for us for the first few days. Have a drink for me.

:)

marilyn

Hello Mii

Quick question that no one seems to be able to answer... how was the bedding? I heard they were changing things over this past summer in Europe. What say ye?

Hello Mii

Quick question that no one seems to be able to answer... how was the bedding? I heard they were changing things over this past summer in Europe. What say ye?

Hi Sebie :)

The bedding in our cabin was fine during our Baltic Cruise on the Constellation this past summer. We will be on her again in a few weeks and I will report on the bedding in that cabin when we get back :)

Thank you to the both of you... I really appreciate the quick report! A bitter sweet welcome home Cindiedee. I have to admit, I don't know what the intin was. How was the rest of your trip?

Thanks again! ~ Sebie

Archived