Halloween on a Cruise

drfun48

Last year I asked if anyone knew whether my children would be able to trick or treat on their Mexican Riviera cruise. I am happy to report that they could ,so they have agreed to go with us again on the Constellation for an 11 day Western Cruise out of Bayonne on the 27th.

I have some tips if anyone else will be cruising with their precious ones during halloween.

First there is no need to bring costumes. I learned during a backstage tour on a previous cruise that the wardrobe area is loaded with great costumes. Security is nil in the middle of the night so it is really easy to sneak in and "borrow" something.Angel has grown quite a bit and will probably fit very nicely into the Mama Cass outfit from the 60's show and Chatsworth wants to be Diana Ross.Should I worry about him yet?

Second, I am pleased to report that the best spots for trick or treating are the crews quarters-they always have plenty of junk food around and they even were able to score a few international phone cards.

The passenger staterooms are good to but I would stick to the suites and consierge levels where the passengers are a little better off and there's always plenty of fruit lying around.It's also a good idea to go after dinner when they put those chocolates on the pillows.

Early in the day you might also have them hit the maid's carts whenever they see them in the hall. Here you can pick up ballpoint pens and shampoo .

They can also supply them with pillowcases to carry their loot.

I am also thinking about getting one of those vegatable carving experts to carve out Jack o lanterns for them.

If any of you have any further suggestions on how to make my little darlings day complete , please let me know. Thanks and Happy Halloween!

ok first of all, Chatsworth?

I think you might want to have them hit the pool area first thing in the morning, theres always raunchy novels, sunglasses and towels, just laying around for the taking! And if you're in a suite, you could just have the butler do the trick or treating for them!

Archived