Questions and Comments about Paradise Beach Three:

CoachTerry14

San Fran opened in 1970, so that's not it! ;) You're thinking of PALM BEACH which was on the other side of San Fran. It tried to stay open after Wilma last year, but they didn't make it... It sits empty, just waiting for someone to lease it!

Oh, and Wilma also claimed San Fran's iceberg and water trampoline...

paradisecozumel

I just booked NCL Pearl today to go B2B along with Star Princess.

Soooooooooo-will be in Cozumel twice in less than two weeks time!

I want to do Paradise Beach one of the times! How do we get there?

How much is it to go (by taxi, I assume)? What kind of money do we need

while there ( we dont drink much beer-lol)?

Thanks for your help.

Looking forward to meeting PB Tom-as I have read posts here for awhile-

just not able to find the how to get there post!

Was on the Jewel of the Seas last week which stopped in Cozumel on Tuesday. What a great day!! The five of us took a cab to Paradise Beach from the pier for $14 and as soon as we pulled in we knew we were in Heaven! Osso took us to some "free" chairs and brought us a ice cold bucket of Sols. My son and I got the wristbands and pretty much kayaked all day long. The food was very good and the service was excellent! There was 5 ships in port that day but PB never got crowded. PB Tom got out his laptop and showed us the destruction Hurricane Wilma had done and the rebuilding process. Tom, you guys did a great job! We're making plans for March cruise and PB is a must stop again!

PS. Tom, thanks for the shots! It was a pleasure to meet you and look forward to the next time. Bill

San Fran opened in 1970, so that's not it! ;) You're thinking of PALM BEACH which was on the other side of San Fran. It tried to stay open after Wilma last year, but they didn't make it... It sits empty, just waiting for someone to lease it!

Oh, and Wilma also claimed San Fran's iceberg and water trampoline...

paradisecozumel

Heh, I was wondering about the iceberg thing at San Fran when rainbow said there was one. I was just at your place Saturday & didn't remember seeing any iceberg next door, although admittedly Martin did a very good job of keeping me "with alcohol." :D

See ya both soon!

I can't believe it's almost time to go! Does anyone know what the weather is supposed to be like next week in Cozumel? We will be there on Sat. 12/16 and can't wait to meet you Tom!! I've seen your picture with parrots, are they there all the time? We are bird lovers (have 3 myself) and treat them like our babies! lol

I just booked NCL Pearl today to go B2B along with Star Princess.

Soooooooooo-will be in Cozumel twice in less than two weeks time!

I want to do Paradise Beach one of the times! How do we get there?

How much is it to go (by taxi, I assume)? What kind of money do we need

while there ( we dont drink much beer-lol)?

Thanks for your help.

Looking forward to meeting PB Tom-as I have read posts here for awhile-

just not able to find the how to get there post!

Taxi is the way, $12/$13 one way for up to 4 people, depending on wich pier you land at.

Money, hmmm PB does take master card and visa, but I would think you would be ok with $150 and should have plenty left.

"You're thinking of PALM BEACH which was on the other side of San Fran. It tried to stay open after Wilma last year, but they didn't make it... It sits empty, just waiting for someone to lease it!"

I was wondering about the above, will it be possible to use such a beach that is now empty, to put down your beach towels and lie in the sun for a while and move on again to a place with food and drinks afterwards? I dont want to get into trouble by not knowing.

Thank you kindly for any advice.

DolphinFan,

We will also be there on Saturday, Dec. 16th. I'll be the one carrying a Gator Beach Bag.

The forecast on weather.com shows rain next week. Hopefully it is wrong!

Go Gators!

I sure hope their wrong, this is my DD & DS 1st cruise and I want it to be special.

Had a great time at PB last week. Hope I can say this without the thread being deleted...The water was beautiful, the kayaking was fun and the food was very good. Tom came by to welcome us, which I thought was nice of him. He has a great staff that will take good care of you!

Had a great time at PB last week. Hope I can say this without the thread being deleted...The water was beautiful, the kayaking was fun and the food was very good. Tom came by to welcome us, which I thought was nice of him. He has a great staff that will take good care of you! Thanks again Tom, Bill

I've actually NEVER been in a Kayak..is it hard to manuever? Could a 12 year old?

This grandma is coming to Paradise Beach on 12/21 with her 7 grandkids. There are 9 ships in port that day. Do you think Tom will be able to find just one chair for grandma to watch the kids? We promise to purchase wrist bands for all and copious amounts of food and drink.

Dawnrae

Tom, the more I try to remember I think we came to PB in Aug 04. I was thinking the pyramid and others was not part of your location but I am pretty sure that we enjoyed your replies in our planning. I sat in the shade and my wife in the sun drinking beers that Freddie was bringing us. Hopefully we can bring the kids this time in April.

Heh, I was wondering about the iceberg thing at San Fran when rainbow said there was one. I was just at your place Saturday & didn't remember seeing any iceberg next door, although admittedly Martin did a very good job of keeping me "with alcohol." :D

Ahh yes, Martin is good at that!;)

paradisecozumel

Can you rent jet skiis at PB? How much? Could an 18 year old rent one? Is the area they jet ski in uncrowded or does it get crazy? Thanks!

They do have them, if memory serves me correctly it is 45 for a half hour and 85 for an hour, the swim area is roped off and they send you out past that area to ride. just a few passing boats here and there. At 18 you shouldnt have a problem just take your ID.

DolphinFan.....it was my 9yr old son and I on the kayak and it was easy. You would have to try pretty hard to tip it. They about a dozen of them available for use and we never had a problem getting one.

ugogirl....the jet ski rentals, parasailing etc were right between PB and San Francisco beach. You would ride out between the swimming areas and then have the whole Carribean Sea to ride the waverunners....lots of room!!

We are going to Paradise beach in January. We have a friend who is Parasailing form there..wondering if anyone can tell me if there are other excursions or activities at the beach.

Also...have read of wristbands...what is this for? Any other info? How is the snorkeling there?

Thanks, Karyn

The wristbands allow you use of the "nonmotorized water toys" - kayaks, floats, water trampoline, inflatable iceberg (like a climbing wall). I believe it also includes use of their snorkel gear. Cost is $9.

Also available, for a fee, are parasailing, jet skis, and a "banana ride" (an inflatable tube that is shaped to look like a huge banana & is pulled behind a motor boat; I think it holds up to 6 or 8 people).

Not sure about the quality of the snorkeling from the beach, as I did not do any. It looked to be primarily sandy bottom; I did see a good number of fish & someone I spoke to said he saw a couple of grouper out near the outskirts of the swim area.

While we were there, a guy pulled up to the pier on a large catamaran, recruiting customers for a snorkel trip. My understanding is that there is some very good reef snorkeling/diving a short way out, but you can only get to it by boat. I think this boat was not directly affiliated with PB, but that they allow him to tie off on their pier & approach those on the beach to recruit them for the trip. I don't know how much he charges; it looked like a fun trip but we were waiting for the rest of our group to arrive so we did not go.

We will be there on Sat. 12/16 and can't wait to meet you Tom!! I've seen your picture with parrots, are they there all the time? We are bird lovers (have 3 myself) and treat them like our babies! lol

Yup, Rocky and Gonzo are always here, we never give them the day off!

See ya Soon!:)

paradisecozumel

Archived