Questions and Comments about Paradise Beach Three:

CoachTerry14

PB sounds awesome...We will be there Wed Jan 24th 2007 - It will be our 4 year anniversary :)

Couple of questions for anyone that can answer - is the snorkeling good at PB? We have our own stuff including a wet suit because I am sure the water temps will be cold.....

Also I was looking for the 2 hour Catamaran that leaves from PB and the only thing I could find says they don't go on Wed? Is this true, could someone provide me with the website so I can book a catamaran tour if they run on wed?

Looking forward to coming to the beach and having some good food.....what a way to spend our anniversary!!!

PB sounds awesome...We will be there Wed Jan 24th 2007 - It will be our 4 year anniversary :)

Couple of questions for anyone that can answer - is the snorkeling good at PB? We have our own stuff including a wet suit because I am sure the water temps will be cold.....

Also I was looking for the 2 hour Catamaran that leaves from PB and the only thing I could find says they don't go on Wed? Is this true, could someone provide me with the website so I can book a catamaran tour if they run on wed?

Looking forward to coming to the beach and having some good food.....what a way to spend our anniversary!!!

Snokeling off of the beach is not that great, you will see some fish around the dock. If water temp of 70's is cold then the wet suite is a good idea, you are in luck the wed you will be there they should have the tour as there is only 4 ships that day. Paradise advertises (banner at the top of the page) on the cozumel board, just hit refresh until you see there add. Drop them an email and they will get you the info your looking for. It is against CC rules for us to post websites or links. Happy anniversary in advance!!!

Have a great trip.

Thanx for your help -

I guess I didn't know that about links

I actually found more info on cozumel insider - which is a nice website.

I didn't realize there was so much to do in Cozumel - now to figure out what we are going to do in the other ports -

This is our first cruise..2 adults + a 17 year-old and a twenty year old. We are sailing on the Carnival Cruise ship Elation which will be in Cozumel January 4, 2007. We were trying to figure out what excursion to go on and after reading all the positive reviews about Paradise Beach we have decided to go there on our own rather booking anything through the ship.

Being new to cruising, I have a couple of questions. I noticed that on January 4, there are eight ships scheduled in port that day...of course as our luck would have it, ours is the last one to arrive at 11:00 am and leaves at 7pm. My questions are as follows:

1. Are 8 ships considered a lot? At 2000 or so per ship I would think some 16,000 people trying to get around Cozumel would create some problems with availability of taxis, crowded beaches, etc... Thoughts?

2. How is disembarking / embarking affected? How much time should we allow to get on and off the ship?

3. Since we probably won't get to PB until around noon,...is that too late to get a spot on what I suspect will be a busy day? Will it be too crowded to enjoy the activities?

3. Being a transplanted Montrealer now living in the Toronto area (UGH), I'm looking forward to meeting Tom. Will you be there on Jan 4th?

Thanks in advance.

This is our first cruise..2 adults + a 17 year-old and a twenty year old. We are sailing on the Carnival Cruise ship Elation which will be in Cozumel January 4, 2007. We were trying to figure out what excursion to go on and after reading all the positive reviews about Paradise Beach we have decided to go there on our own rather booking anything through the ship.

Being new to cruising, I have a couple of questions. I noticed that on January 4, there are eight ships scheduled in port that day...of course as our luck would have it, ours is the last one to arrive at 11:00 am and leaves at 7pm. My questions are as follows:

1. Are 8 ships considered a lot? At 2000 or so per ship I would think some 16,000 people trying to get around Cozumel would create some problems with availability of taxis, crowded beaches, etc... Thoughts?

2. How is disembarking / embarking affected? How much time should we allow to get on and off the ship?

3. Since we probably won't get to PB until around noon,...is that too late to get a spot on what I suspect will be a busy day? Will it be too crowded to enjoy the activities?

3. Being a transplanted Montrealer now living in the Toronto area (UGH), I'm looking forward to meeting Tom. Will you be there on Jan 4th?

Thanks in advance.

I will try to help the best I can, being that you will arrive at 11 you more than likely will tender in which if you go directly to PB I would guess you will be there around 12:30/1pm. with 8 ships you will notice what may seem like a busy place, but they do have alot of taxi's and handle the crowds well, not to mention all ships do not arrive at once. I would still try PB as some people will be leaving to go shopping or other things. I asnwered half of q 2 above, but if your ship leaves at 7pm I would leave PB no later than 5:30pm ship time, as I said you probably will tender. Q 3 is answered above aswell, there are alot of things on the island to do, I still would go to PB and you should find a place to sit and enjoy your day.

Q3b, Tom is off on Mondays during high season.

I was just at Paradise Beach on Thursday and spent quite a bit of time snorkeling. The seas were a bit rough that day, but I was able to get out a ways to where the visability was decent. There is a pier at Paradise Beach. If you snorkel around the pier, you will see schools of small fish. If you are in the water about as far out as the end of the pier, keep your face in the water and swim to your right. You will come upon a rock in about 6 feet of water that is maybe halfway between the pier and the area where they have jet-skis. That rock is a little reef with an anemone, several corals, and countless varieties of fish. Not world-class snorkeling, but if you are at the beach anyway, go check it out. Another area where I saw plenty of fish was near the end of the pier, about 5-10 feet further out. There is a long crack in the rock on the bottom where there are many fish. If you go to the left of the pier, it is only about 3 feet deep, but there are also fish and seagrass there.

One thing...watch out if you are walking in the water from the beach. There are lots of toe-stubbing rocks.

In response to how busy it is...we were there on a day where there were a total of 5 cruise ships in port and I found the beach to be comfortable. The chairs were pretty much all occupied in the middle of the day. I think that 8 ships might make it too crowded on the beach itself, but the water should be okay. If you get there and the lounge chairs are all taken up, you could go down the beach where there are no lounges and just lay on your towels. Don't try swimming to the left of the pier though...it is very rocky.

Tom (or anyone that can answer....)

Just want to make sure I bring enough $$ and not too much either....considering the fact that I will spend the whole day there....

What are the prices for local beer (bottled)? Average prices for smoothies for the wife?

Nachos? Lunch items?

Thanks

Tom...See you 21 Dec 06! Just wrote you an e-mail....

Pat & Stephanie (from Montreal, Quebec)

Paradise Beach was great. We were there on 11/22/2006. we arrived about 9:30am to an

Almost empty place we were treated as if we were still on our ship with class and grace.

It was very windy and choppy that the iceberg and trampoline were not in use.

That was ok my 12yr old had much fun with other kids in the water and on the beach.

By noon it was crowded and by 2pm it was really full, but always felt plenty of room.

Tom came by us a couple of times. Boy do I envy him as a owner/mgr he gets the wonderful job of strolling the beach and say hi to as many of his guest as he could.

This is a top notch place to have a great time. The beer was cold bucket of 5 for 14.00

Great guacamole & nachos with homemade chips to die for.

Plenty of taxis to return.

Tom we had a great beach experience for a family who does not get much beach time together.

Thank you tom and to you staff a job well done that day.

Your friend

Gr8tfulscott

I haven't been to Cozumel for a couple years now. I always enjoyed going to Carlos & Charlies, but I know when they had the hurricane last year, that got wiped out. What is the condition of Cozumel now? Are ships docking there yet? Is it still messy from the hurricane? Thanks.

Tom,

I missed you on my last visit, but I am returning with my son and his girlfriend when we are in port on December 16th. I really enjoyed Paradise Beach when I was there about two years ago.

Hopefully I'll finally get to meet you. Save three lounge chairs for us! We are sailing on the Enchatment of the Seas, and plan to take a cab over as soon as we get off the ship.

I haven't been to Cozumel for a couple years now. I always enjoyed going to Carlos & Charlies, but I know when they had the hurricane last year, that got wiped out. What is the condition of Cozumel now? Are ships docking there yet? Is it still messy from the hurricane? Thanks.

Carlos&Charlies (and Senor Frogs) is alive and well. In fact the pier they are directly across the street from is open for docking (Punta Langosta)...so things are getting back to normal.

Carlos&Charlies (and Senor Frogs) is alive and well. In fact the pier they are directly across the street from is open for docking (Punta Langosta)...so things are getting back to normal.

WhooHooo..looking at CruiseCal, it looks like the Carnival Inspiration usually docks on that Pier. I was hoping they would so we can crawl back to the ship..lol

Hi all..

We are leaving in the morning for our Miracle cruise. (WHOOHOO!) I've seen many positive comments about the massages on the beach but don't have time to go back through all the post to find my answer right now. We are there this week ,Wednesday, with what looks to be 8 other ships in port. :( Do you have to be one of the first ones there to get your name on the list for a massage? I'm sure they fill up quickly!

This is my mother's first time to Coz..want to get her one. Of course, if there is time I definitely want one too! Any ideas? You can't book anything ahead of time correct?

Can't wait to see Paradise and meet this wonderful staff we have heard so much about! See you Wednesday!:D

Hi all..

We are leaving in the morning for our Miracle cruise. (WHOOHOO!) I've seen many positive comments about the massages on the beach but don't have time to go back through all the post to find my answer right now. We are there this week ,Wednesday, with what looks to be 8 other ships in port. :( Do you have to be one of the first ones there to get your name on the list for a massage? I'm sure they fill up quickly!

This is my mother's first time to Coz..want to get her one. Of course, if there is time I definitely want one too! Any ideas? You can't book anything ahead of time correct?

Can't wait to see Paradise and meet this wonderful staff we have heard so much about! See you Wednesday!:D

We have 2 tables so even if there is a wait, it won't be for long! Hasta la Wednesday;)

Paradise Beach was great. We were there on 11/22/2006. we arrived about 9:30am to an

Almost empty place we were treated as if we were still on our ship with class and grace.

It was very windy and choppy that the iceberg and trampoline were not in use.

That was ok my 12yr old had much fun with other kids in the water and on the beach.

By noon it was crowded and by 2pm it was really full, but always felt plenty of room.

Tom came by us a couple of times. Boy do I envy him as a owner/mgr he gets the wonderful job of strolling the beach and say hi to as many of his guest as he could.

This is a top notch place to have a great time. The beer was cold bucket of 5 for 14.00

Great guacamole & nachos with homemade chips to die for.

Plenty of taxis to return.

Tom we had a great beach experience for a family who does not get much beach time together.

Thank you tom and to you staff a job well done that day.

Your friend

Gr8tfulscott

Thanx so much for taking the time to post that review. It was good meeting and chatting with y'all!:D

We have 2 tables so even if there is a wait, it won't be for long! Hasta la Wednesday;)

Thanks so much for the quick response PBTom! We'll see you then!

After digging out from under 14 inches of snow today..I will be READY for that massage - oh, and one of those foo-foo drinks in a pineapple that I have heard so much about. It will definitely be a good b-day week! :D

Tom,

I missed you on my last visit, but I am returning with my son and his girlfriend when we are in port on December 16th. I really enjoyed Paradise Beach when I was there about two years ago.

Hopefully I'll finally get to meet you. Save three lounge chairs for us! We are sailing on the Enchatment of the Seas, and plan to take a cab over as soon as we get off the ship.

I'll be there...see ya soon!:)

Thanks so much for the quick response PBTom! We'll see you then!

After digging out from under 14 inches of snow today..I will be READY for that massage - oh, and one of those foo-foo drinks in a pineapple that I have heard so much about. It will definitely be a good b-day week! :D

Saw your troubles on CNN this morning...gee, I sure miss all that slush, freezing rain, snow and wind chill HA!:D

paradisecozumel

My wife & I visited Cozumel in Aug 2004 with RCCL Mariner. After quick shopping we took a taxi to a beach that was owned by an American and was near Paradise Beach. This "beach" had just opened. There was no cost to get in and we stayed on the beach enjoying chips/salsa and beer. I seem to remember that you could snorkel there (with their equipment) at no charge althought there was not a lot to see. The big pyramid for kids to climb on was at the resort/beach next store (I think).

Does anyone remember the name of this beach or am I just thinking of Paradise Beach. It might have grown by now.

Looking to go back in April 2007 on RCCL Legends (with the kids this time)

Thanks.

Maybe San Francisco Beach Club? It is immediately next door to Paradise Beach club (to the right if you're facing the water). The beach & water are the same, but the SF has nothing in the way of the water toys.

They do have one of those pyramid thingys...but your right I don't think they have any other water toys.

Archived