Questions and Comments about Paradise Beach Three:

CoachTerry14

This grandma is coming to Paradise Beach on 12/21 with her 7 grandkids. There are 9 ships in port that day. Do you think Tom will be able to find just one chair for grandma to watch the kids? We promise to purchase wrist bands for all and copious amounts of food and drink.

Dawnrae

Shouldn't be a problem to get a chair. There were 8 ships in today and the beach was surprisingly quiet. Even the tour van operators were saying that not as many people as usual were getting off the ship. Only 3 of their 10 "island tour" vans got hired off the piers. Beautiful, sunny day as well...:confused:

As always: get here early for the best selection. I show up around noonish, see ya then!

paradisecozumel

We just returned from our 5 day Fantasy cruise, and as always, a highlight was going to Paradise Beach. It was dark and rainy when we reached Cozumel, and many people on the ship decided not to go to the beach. We went anyway, and we had a great time despite the fact that it rained off and on and was pretty overcast all day. So even if the weather doesn't look beach-worthy, you will have a great time at Paradise Beach. Tom even promised my kids free Cokes and Quesadillas if we return next week on our 12-11 cruise (he told them they have to be very good for me on the cruise, though, since I'm cruising alone with them this time around). We look forward to going back, rain or shine!

See you next week, Tom!

Susan

We will be in Cozumel off the Jan 6th sailing on the triumph. We learned that our time in Cozumel is extended to 10:00 YIPPIE!!! Can anyone tell me what time PB closes, if PB has decent sunsets........we are spending the day there but are unsure what to do afterwards.

thanks

Hi there...seems we had the same thing on the mind! First round is on us :)

I am so looking forward to seeing Tom and spending the day at the beach. This is by far always one of my favorite stops........

San Fran opened in 1970, so that's not it! ;) You're thinking of PALM BEACH which was on the other side of San Fran. It tried to stay open after Wilma last year, but they didn't make it... It sits empty, just waiting for someone to lease it!

Oh, and Wilma also claimed San Fran's iceberg and water trampoline...

paradisecozumel

:confused:

On the subject of Cozumel beaches - I had heard that Paradise beach was pretty badly damaged during Wilma. We will be in Cozumel in a couple weeks and since my wife and daughter really loved spending the day at Paradise beach 2 years ago while we were in port, they are very curious as to the present condition. Is it worth planning a day there or should they consider visiting one of the other great beaches this time?

Myself, I will be on and under the water for most of our visit.

Thanks in advance for your expert, resident feedback!!!

Ray

:confused:

On the subject of Cozumel beaches - I had heard that Paradise beach was pretty badly damaged during Wilma. We will be in Cozumel in a couple weeks and since my wife and daughter really loved spending the day at Paradise beach 2 years ago while we were in port, they are very curious as to the present condition. Is it worth planning a day there or should they consider visiting one of the other great beaches this time?

Myself, I will be on and under the water for most of our visit.

Thanks in advance for your expert, resident feedback!!!

Ray

We were there 12/05 and other than the ride out there you would not have known Pb was hit, [unless you were there prior to the storm] at the time we were there there was not secound floor, and from the pics I have seen it is still one story. Beach is in real good shape they replanted palms, I would not hesitate to go there.

We were there 12/05 and other than the ride out there you would not have known Pb was hit, [unless you were there prior to the storm] at the time we were there there was not secound floor, and from the pics I have seen it is still one story. Beach is in real good shape they replanted palms, I would not hesitate to go there.

Thank's Ken - it is good to know that such a great location is still intact!

`

Hey Tom,

Almost time for our FOS cruise the second week of January (Tue Jan 09) with four other ships. Save some Margaritas for Ms. Flagger and I. Still unable to get that 60" Plasma in my luggage even if my daughter offered to carry it. Do ya need anything from the stateside?

I noticed a new thread on the RCL board today:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=453255

Is this something new about a minimum charge for food for the chairs? We have no problem with that at all since the food is wonderful, but I was wondering for other folks who may not know.

Look forward to seeing you again. Our daughter will have grown a bit since our last visit two years ago. How is your sweet baby doing?

Just got back from another great cruise.

Anyway, went to paradise beach while we were in Cozumel. We had gone last year and had a great time. Use of the chairs was free, you only had to pay for an arm band while if you used their water equipment.

So this year, when we showed up, it was the same routine, the guys tried to sell us the arm bands, and we refused. Now the part I misunderstood at 1st, the waiter said they had a new policy that you had to spend $10 worth of food/beverage to use the chairs. I thought to myself, I was planning on buying some finger food anyway, so I ordered chips n sauce and french fries for the kids ($10 worth).

Now is where it gets interesting. The man delivers the food and tells us unless we order $10 A PIECE (2 adults 3 kids) worth of food or drink, we would have to get off the chairs. I was only planning on hitting the beach for an hour or two, and I didn't bring that much money.

Bottom line, we had to spread our towels in the sand. I wasn't too happy in the change of policy after having spent $50 in round trip cab fare to get there. I just wanted everyone to know it wasn't FREE anymore. It was here on cruise critic where I read use of the chairs was free in the past.

The above was posted on the message boards under RCCL. Probably would be good for everyone to understand. We look forward to returning again.

I read somewhere that PB is building a pool. Is this true, and -- if so -- when's it expected?

That plan is in the works. They are currently going through the local "red tape" awaiting approval. I would dare say that if all goes well...it could be a wet Christmas next year!!!

Easy to dismiss the complaint by saying how much YOU would spend

still does not help the family who cabbed over there and did buy food

I think they could have let the parents have 2 loungers for the $20 of food and let the kids share or something

Also confusing is the "armband" thing...if you buy armbands for the kids, which apparently have gone up to $9....and then buy food for the parents...does the armband count towards the $10 each or ?

I think that is where the confusion lies...some people think that the armband also gives them a chair...maybe they need to be more specific

I do think the waiter could have said something before taking their order also

and yes, I agree that NO place is free/cheap really...but people should have the info to plan better

We do not want to take a large amount of cash with us when we go into Cozumel. We know we will need it for the taxis, tips and probably most vendors, but what about while we are at PB? Is there a surcharge to use our credit card?

As a side note, after reading all of these reviews, we cannot wait to hang out at PB and meet Tom. Sounds like a good time!

Spending 10.00 per person; if you hang out at the beach all day is so cheap! I believe they do it so that the paying people can have chairs and they do not get a lot of vagabonds :) So they could either charge an entry fee, which you get nothing for, or put a 10.00 fee which you get a beer and chips! I like the second option better.

Tom,we are looking forward to seeing you in a month :)

Spending 10.00 per person; if you hang out at the beach all day is so cheap! I believe they do it so that the paying people can have chairs and they do not get a lot of vagabonds :) So they could either charge an entry fee, which you get nothing for, or put a 10.00 fee which you get a beer and chips! I like the second option better.

Tom,we are looking forward to seeing you in a month :)

Well...show me someone who suggested that people be "vagabonds" and not buy anything??

The person in question bought some food/drinks...I am not sure if they bought their kids armbands or not...but they were told it was $10 per person.

I have seen this one club pushed and pushed on these boards so much...."all they ask is that you buy a little food and drink" etc...

It is NOT clear if the $9 armband fee is included in that $10 or not...with 3 kids that could change their plans..or they could have budgeted for it.

From what I understand the $9 fee has always been for maintenance on the equipment (iceburg, water-tramp, etc.). It was five per person when we went two years ago and our then 18 month old was free. My question is about the money needing to be spent at the bar/restaurant. We spent way more than that when we went so it is not a problem, but would be nice to know if there had been a change.

I am sure Tom will address this question when he checks in.

I was not speaking of anyone on this board....I was saying WHY they suggest the 10.00 fee (what they are trying to avoid)...............I was speaking of the locals and people who do try to just take advantage. Sorry if I hit a nerve!

We were at Paradise Beach this past Friday. It was an excellent day. Met a friend of mine there (Thanks, Tom, for helping me locate Laura.) and had a great lunch. There was no mention of a set fee. We were simply told upon arrival that the chairs and umbrellas were free for use and they would appreciate us purchasing food and beverages. No problem as the food is fantastic. Guacamole and club quesidillas were to die for and the beer was cold. Our total was $54 and I find that the most economical price for beach use and food/beverages out of every port on this cruise.

I was not speaking of anyone on this board....I was saying WHY they suggest the 10.00 fee (what they are trying to avoid)...............I was speaking of the locals and people who do try to just take advantage. Sorry if I hit a nerve!
Oh not me. I cannot imagine anyone taking food off of the ship anyway when there is so much local fare and flavour to be discovered.

Archived