ATV in Cozumel - HELP

jec5790

I am heading to Cozumel in December and NCL offers two ATV excursions. ATV Beach Adventure and ATV Jungle Adventure. Has anyone been on either of these? They both sound fun but I wasn’t sure which to book. I am also going to Costa Maya if someone knows an ATV excursion there but I haven’t been able to find anything. One day I want to ride an ATV and the other day I want to relax at a beach. Thanks for any help.

It's my first cruise so I have no experience to relay, but wanted to add that we chose the ATV JUNGLE Tour with Royal Caribbean mainly because it mentioned seeing some small Mayan Ruins and travelling by Mayan Burial Grounds and caves.

I believe it then goes out on to the beach for the trip back.

Either way, it'll be our first time on ATVS, so we're really looking forward to the new experience!

I'll be watching to see what others have to say on the topic!

I'm down to single digits now before the cruise, so let the countdown continue!!!! :D

DW and I did the jungle ATV adventure. This excursion is noteasy. The entire tour is in the jungle - there is no beach. The trail is very narrow - you will not be able to ride side by side. We did it in Apr 05, which is during their dry season - the dust is like powder and you should see what everyone looked like!!! The Mayan Burial Ground are not as big as the other tours go to, but very interesting and the guides are excellent about the history and can answer any question you might have.

I enjoyed the "Adventure", but DW did not (this was her first time on a ATV :eek: ) she did not like all the dust and dirt. Personally if I had to do it again (I probably will) I'd recommend the beach ATV tour - you can aleast cool off and clean up a little bit....

I am so glad to find someone who has done this! I have booked this for those in my group and I wanted to make sure I wouldn't regret it!:D I have only ridden an ATV a couple of times and was wondering how rough the terrain was? Is it very rocky? I don't mind getting dirty but I don't want to flip the thing over on myself!:) I have one more ? if you don't mind..... I am an avid picture taker....(I don't think I am qualified to call myself a photographer *G*) can I go slow enough to take pics along the way?

Thank you so much for answering my questions

Don't worry about flipping the ATV's. You will be in the middle of the jungle and it is very rocky. We had Yamaha 250cc ATVs with 5 speed semi-auto transmissions - we very seldom got out of 3rd gear. Don't worry about keeping up with the group, because there are no forks in the trail, and besides one of the guides rides in back. Also; you'll have plenty of time and stops to take pictures ( I ended up with over 20 pictures).

The "Adventure" is being in the middle of a jungle, the rocky narrow trail, and the Mayan Burial Gounds. If you want it easy, you can stay home and rent ATVs.

Hope this helps. It's safe and fun, but you'll not be clean!!;)

Is there any place to shower or jump in the water after the ATV ride, without having to go back to the ship to change?

We were thinking we would just hose off or jump in the water from the beach to cleanup before going back to the ship. Is that possible?

Hate the thought of losing time on shore just to go back and shower....

:eek:

A quick answer is NO! We were dropped off in the middle of Cozmel. Had to walk back to the ship via the pier. The day we did the excursion the US Navy was in port - we walked by all the saliors in their dress whites. Actually that was half the fun. We told them we were coming back from our jungle training!!! :D

FYI the best way to take a shower on the ship is to take liquid soap (shampoo) and start from the top and work down and don't bend over until you get past you knees. We wore shorts and as DW states " I had dirt where there shouldn't be any!!" :rolleyes:

Were you on a ship excursion or did you book it yourself? I ask because I don't want to be left "in he middlte of Cozumel" *G*

We booked the excursion from the ship. We did it at the last moment. We wanted something in the morning (it's cooler), DW wanted to do some shopping in the afternoon.

Archived