Aruba or Curacoa for snorkeling

newmexicoNita

We are not avid snorkelers, but it is something we enjoy, well 3 or the 4 of us. We will be stopping both in Aruba and Curacao. What we are looking for is both a little snorkeling and a short land tour. Which island should we choose? BTW, we have been to Aruba many times, both on cruises and land trips but our traveling companions have not.

NMNita

I just got off the Volendam,10/14 cruise, and booked the Jolly Roger Pirate cruise on Aruba (I know, I know, the name alone almost made me back out...). It was an 85 foot wooden schooner, with sails, that stopped at two superb ship wrecks for snorkeling -- about 30 minutes at each place -- then went on to a third stop by the California lighthouse for swinging off a rope into the ocean and a nice BBQ lunch -- with open bar all day for about $60 I think. It included transport to and from the ship, still left time to shop and was really fun. The only downside was snorkeling from a ship means dropping off the side of the boat a few feet, or waiting to crawl down the ladder. A few novices panicked a little, either from being in the midst of so many fish, or the prospect of being in deep water, but I thought it was lots of fun, great snorkeling and a great value. Tom

There are a variety of tours which offer island tours and a stop at Baby Beach for snorkeling. These could be done in a half day or full day.

In that you have been to Aruba many times, have you considered renting a car and touring and snorkeling (from shore) on your own?

There is a very informative thread regarding JP at JOLLY PIRATES is the BEST

Archived