NCL wont honor their price

GusX

And writing a letter to NCL is generally worthless. They will send you a very nice card that states: "we have received your communication about your problems or concerns about your NCL cruise and are looking into it and will advise you as to our findings." I have received three of those cards in the past 6 months....but funny how there is never a follow up.

Good luck in dealing with NCL Customer Service.

You might be right that writing a letter is generally worthless, but I most certainly had a different experience (see link below for full story). So the OP has very little to lose except for a few minutes of his time.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=421183

Aah, NCL Customer Service is at its finest once again! Lure people in with lies and then hit them with the real price! And of course the website is not up to date, from personal experience I know that it is never up to date when it benefits the customer!

And writing a letter to NCL is generally worthless. They will send you a very nice card that states: "we have received your communication about your problems or concerns about your NCL cruise and are looking into it and will advise you as to our findings." I have received three of those cards in the past 6 months....but funny how there is never a follow up.

Aaaaw Keystone, but you always have a good time once you get on the ship:)

I know exactly what happened based on experience -- it's true that you can't book a GTY for a back to back -- so unless the ad you saw was through an agency or had some fine print you missed, then that category WAS originally available at that price and has now, due to inventory, slipped into GTY mode.

The thing is, in NCL's reservations system, once the agent switches the sailings to view it as a B2B, all the GTYs still SHOW. It won't let him or her book it, however it will allow him or her to see the pricing and give a quote. Therefore, that pricing is still in the system, and if the agent quotes it to you it's agent error.

As for it still being advertised, ads run way behind actual inventory with EVERY cruise line, and NCL's website promos are never in real time. I assure you that with every price ever listed with a NCL (or any line, really) promotion, it's always "subject to availability" or something to that effect. No line ever has to stick to their advertised pricing because it changes ALL the time.

That being said, you might have some recourse if an agent quoted you that rate as available... hopefully you got the name. Also, even though the customer hasn't a leg to stand on as far as demanding an advertised price, honestly, if you're willing to be a persistent enough pain in the ***, I've seen things happen. Just depends on the sailing and whose desk it ends up on a lot of the time.

Aah, NCL Customer Service is at its finest once again! Lure people in with lies and then hit them with the real price! And of course the website is not up to date, from personal experience I know that it is never up to date when it benefits the customer!

KeystoneCruiser - I don't know what issues you have had to raise (I'm really only getting "into" the boards), but we wrote to NCL over the summer and received the "little postcard". Shortly after, we received a 2 page letter which responded clearly and appropriately to items we advised them of - good and bad.

Maybe you just haven't managed to connect with the right rep at NCL.

Price is still there on the website :mad:

I did as suggested and wrote an email. I'm going to address it to Andy Stuart (VP of Sales and Marketing) and to Colin Veitch the CEO.

Should I attach a screenshot? I dont want it to get stuck in an email filter if they arent able to accept email attachments.

Price is still there on the website :mad:

I did as suggested and wrote an email. I'm going to address it to Andy Stuart (VP of Sales and Marketing) and to Colin Veitch the CEO.

Should I attach a screenshot? I dont want it to get stuck in an email filter if they arent able to accept email attachments.

I would offer to send the screen shots under seperate cover - KISS - Keep it simple - think Blackberry:)

My thoughts on this......

If it's advertised they should give it toyou. It's not your fault their system can't book it that way. As for the ad's running behind availability - if there is still gty available on both cruses then that is not a valid point.

they should book gty on each leg and discount the total price to match their advertised price.

But then again i'm in Canada and what they are doing would most definately be called False Advertising here.

Anytime they advertise something and refuse to give it to you for the advertised price is false!

Looks like they took the category off their online booking (also on other sites like Expedia). The rate is still shown on their site though.

How long should I wait before sending another email asking for an update?

GusX - I don't know; however, for business, I usually use a 1 week follow up system for "non-critical" emergencies (i.e., anything other than those items which will cause injury, etc.).

If you sent it on 10/30 (I believe that was the date - I would call on Monday 11/6.

However, upon calling I would inquire "Is there any additional information I can provide you with to assist in the research?" or some other such non-confrontational beginning. Sometimes, it helps just being nice about it - it may put it back on the top of the list!

JMHO.

The employees in reservations have no idea what they are doing. I suggest everyone check their confirmations very carefully!~

A month ago I booked two mini suites on the Jewel for our family of 5. We worked with the NCL rep and worked out which adjoining minis we would have and who exactly was in each room, she gave me a price which I thought was really great. I was like WOW, I didn't expect that, she said "Well, you are a latitudes member and you are booking early and this is a special deal" So, I thought great...........I paid the 1250 deposit and waited for my confirmation to come thru e-mail.

Well, it wasn't until late the following day I got the confirmation. Instead of booking us in the two mini suites we worked out, the reservation was for all 5 of us in one mini suite on the opposite side of the ship! I know 5 probably can fit in a mini suite but that's not how we cruise and I was so unbelievably amazed at how the reservation was so drastically wrong.

Thankfully I question everything and knew to look over the confirmation really carefully. If it were up to my dh he would have waited until about a month out and reviewed it. We called the next day and spoke to a Supervisor who then tells us that all the adjoining mini suites were already booked! OK so now we are about livid. I call Expedia to see what they can do and of course.......they find two adjoining mini suites on the exact same cruise more expensive than I was quoted the first time but since our MBNA points will pay for the majority of the two suites we were OK with that.

Just double check every single detail on your confirmation right away.

Any idea which suggestion (s) worked best?

Contacting Andy Stuart is what got the ball rolling. I found his contact info in another thread. He sent my issue to a Director of Operations and she called us personally to apologize for the mix-up. My wife spoke to her and said she was very professional and helpful.

Sending them a thank-you email now for their speedy resolution. :)

Contacting Andy Stuart is what got the ball rolling. I found his contact info in another thread. He sent my issue to a Director of Operations and she called us personally to apologize for the mix-up. My wife spoke to her and said she was very professional and helpful.

Sending them a thank-you email now for their speedy resolution. :)

I guess we need to change the title of this thread now to

NCL HONORS IT QUOTED PRICE!

Archived