Waterproof Camera Bags

jandn

I found two different brands of waterproof camera cases: an Aquapac Waterproof Camera Case like this http://www.waterproofcases.net/410.html and a Dry Pak Waterproof Camera Case like this http://www.thewaterproofstore.com/dp65c.html. Both brands have a larger size bag than the size shown at the previous links. Has anyone used either or both of these? Do they really work for taking underwater pictures while snorkeling and scuba diving? At what depth were you when you taking pictures? Is one brand better than the other?

Ihave used the drypac version snorkeling with a digital camera. The pictures turned out great. You will not be able to use the flash though. It will reflect back into the bag. I don't think they seal past 30 ft. so scuba diving with one wouldn't be an option unless it was a shallow dive. Here are some pictures we took with the bag. http://miata46.myphotoalbum.com/

OK for snorkeling, but definitely not suitable for scuba diving.

If you go deeper than about 5 feet, the pressure pushing on the bag will also push on the camera buttons making them hard hard if not impossible to operate.

OK for snorkeling, but definitely not suitable for scuba diving.

If you go deeper than about 5 feet, the pressure pushing on the bag will also push on the camera buttons making them hard hard if not impossible to operate.

Are the waterproof disposable cameras (Fuji and Kodak) suitable for scuba diving?

Ihave used the drypac version snorkeling with a digital camera. The pictures turned out great. You will not be able to use the flash though. It will reflect back into the bag. I don't think they seal past 30 ft. so scuba diving with one wouldn't be an option unless it was a shallow dive. Here are some pictures we took with the bag. http://miata46.myphotoalbum.com/

I like your pictures. What kind of camera did you use?

Are the waterproof disposable cameras (Fuji and Kodak) suitable for scuba diving?

Well, they say on the package they are rated for 15 ft, but I've seen photos from one that a guy took to 60 ft, so I'd have to say a qualified "yes". Although, without a flash, the colors will be mostly blues/browns. You need to replace the full spectrum of light that the water filters out. That is why I always take a light with me on a dive, so I can see the colors.

Well, they say on the package they are rated for 15 ft, but I've seen photos from one that a guy took to 60 ft, so I'd have to say a qualified "yes". Although, without a flash, the colors will be mostly blues/browns. You need to replace the full spectrum of light that the water filters out. That is why I always take a light with me on a dive, so I can see the colors.

Do you know what brand the guy who took photos to 60 ft used? I'm asking because I bought several 2-pack Fuji QuickSnap Waterproof Cameras at Wal-Mart last weekend. Today I read on their web sites Fuji states it is waterproof down to 10 meters and Kodak states its Water & Sport One-Time-Use Camera is waterproof up to 50 feet (15 meters). A girl working at Academy Sports & Outdoors had recommended the Fuji cameras to me, but now I'm wondering if I wasn't hasty in getting them. I don't know how deep we will be diving. We are doing Discover Scuba Diving so we should be doing shallow dives.

I just realized I haven't opened the Fuji QuickSnap Waterproof Cameras and I believe I still have the receipt, so I can take them back to Wal-Mart and get the Kodak Water & Sport One-Time-Use Cameras. The Kodak cameras cost more than the Fuji, particularly since there were no 2-pack Kodak Waterproof cameras, but it may be worth it in the long run. What do you think?

I have a camera related ???

We bought an underwater camera last year (it's the camera inside a plastic cover), 35mm I think. What type of film should I buy? 300/400? We are leaving in Dec. We have a 7MP Cannon and a 2GB SD card but I'm not sure about taking it snorkling with us. Although the camera bags seem like a different option since the camrea won't be but 1-3ft below the surface. Any advice?

Archived