Carnival excursions to the Baths

Sandi149

The excursion to Virgin Gorda is neat! I don't remember how much it costs, but it's worth the money. There are 2 different excursions that go there. We've always done where we ferry over to Virgin Gorda, then take an open-air taxi to the baths, and finally walk down a short path. The other excursion takes you by boat from which you swim to the baths.

To fully enjoy the baths, you need to walk the short hike between the two beaches which has you climbing ladders and walking among the boulders. So, being able to walk well would be helpful.

Have fun!

We did the Carnival excursion in September and it was $80pp. Well worth it. But many others prefer using the ferries or other private excursion tours. Just check the ferry return schedules carefully and make sure you feel comfortable getting back on your own. With the short day in Tortola, and the wait time between ferry departures, there's not a whole lot of room for error. With our Carnival tour, there was a mechanical problem with the ferry going out to Virgin Gorda, and we were delayed for about 15-20 minutes. If that had happened on the way back with a private tour, we would have had some anxious minutes worrying about getting back in time. I'm sure people who do tours on their own get back to the ship in time 999 times out of 1000 -- maybe more, but... personally, I just don't see any compelling reason to take the risk. :D

We did the Carnival excursion in September and it was $80pp. Well worth it. But many others prefer using the ferries or other private excursion tours. Just check the ferry return schedules carefully and make sure you feel comfortable getting back on your own. With the short day in Tortola, and the wait time between ferry departures, there's not a whole lot of room for error. With our Carnival tour, there was a mechanical problem with the ferry going out to Virgin Gorda, and we were delayed for about 15-20 minutes. If that had happened on the way back with a private tour, we would have had some anxious minutes worrying about getting back in time. I'm sure people who do tours on their own get back to the ship in time 999 times out of 1000 -- maybe more, but... personally, I just don't see any compelling reason to take the risk. :D

I definitely agree that paying the extra money for the Carnival excursion would be worth it. If there is a little glitch and you miss the boat, the amount you would pay to get a hotel in Tortola and airfare back home far exceeds the extra money that you pay for the ship's excursions. Thanks for your info. We are definitely going to book the Bath trip through Carnival.

Archived