Question for Revneal.

Charlie2na

Have read in your previous , that you usually purchase a cat k or j.Just purchased a cat j , thinking that the lower proms deck would be only a few feet away.Is there a lot of traffic and noise to go with being handy to the largest verandah on the ship

Have read in your previous , that you usually purchase a cat k or j.Just purchased a cat j , thinking that the lower proms deck would be only a few feet away.Is there a lot of traffic and noise to go with being handy to the largest verandah on the ship

This is true for the S and R class ships.

I have not found there to be any traffic or noise problem in this location, neither from the hallway or from the outside promenade.

The lower promenade deck is my favorite deck on an S or an R class ship to have a cabin, and especially the midships location of the J-category cabins. If I'm not going to stay in an A or B balcony cabin (up on the Verandah or Navigation decks), I want to be close to the outside promenade. The easiest way to do this is to stay on the lower promenade deck, preferably in a J-category inside or a C-category outside, which will place one directly amidships, close walking-range from everything aboard.

Thanks Rev, I would love to have another cat A ... BUT the theory "once a verandah, always a verandah needs to be tested...hah!

LOL

In fact, I've been in A/B verandah cabins (a.k.a. "minisuits") and I've been in outsides and insides. For me, personally, I'd rather spend the extra money the verandah costs me on another cruise. :) Chris would rather have the verandah .... but, he admits, outside and insides are nice too, and especially on lower promenade where the "largest verandah" on the ship can be accessed in just a few steps. :)

On our 21 Zaandam cruise this Fall an B category would cost us an additional $1100 perperson. OUCH. To some people, that's nothing. For me, however, it's the deal breaker. So ... we booked a j-category and are going and will have a BLAST along with those who are blessed to afford an A/B/S category. :) I'm just happy to be aboard for 21 days.

Same with us. We feel fortunate to be able to just get on the ship! Our first cruise we went all out... thought it might be a once in a lifetime thing and wanted to go first class....HOWEVER, we no sooner got home ,wrote our review, and I was back looking for our next adventure. Blessed with a profitable spring , I picked our next cruise and when it went onsale , I purchased it and applied the savings to upgrade our cabin! Had our choice of cat J so picked the one closest to door leading outside...YIPPIE!... Maasdam 1/16/05 southern... 6 months and counting

Guys -

I hope you do not feel the minority in that regard... we are working class stiffs who were blessed by our TA to receive an upgrade and great pricing on our only Suite, the Zuiderdam...

We frequently book outside-large and are very limited in cabin selection by the fact there are four of us in the cabin.

revneal - I'm with you - I can spend money with the best of them - to me, it's almost a waste to purchase anything other than an outside cabin, we spend so little time in it. If I had money to burn - sure I'd go for the Suite everytime - our vacations cost us on average about $8K total with air and other stuff - and I'd rather be able to take two cruises instead of one. We had the Suite, it was nice - but I don't need it - that's for sure.

Archived