ROLL CALL: 2/25/07 Caribbean Princess

MattInFLL

Jim - well I hope Bill is feeling better soon! Sounds like you have had quite a weekend.

On another note... Tom, here's a picture of Tradewinds for everyone for that first afternoon...it's not a close up, so you can get a sense of where it is. In the pic it's in the middle on the second deck up, overlooking the main pool. Tom, it looks like an awesome spot. (You can see closeups if you check out the other pictures in the photo album).

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1256065227064213132FKpnIW

The perfect little black dress.....no. Tux, maybe.

Wonder if there is more than one dress up night. I'm shopping for a new suit right now.....it might take the place of the Tux and or white dinner jacket. I find the formal gear uncomfortable to dine in and usually find myself taking off the jacket white dinning...which I know is tackey. Sorry guys, dinning is the highlight of the day...good food, good conversation and telling tales.....and I like comfort.

And to the ladys that have posted.........I am sooooo glad you will be on board. I like having the girls in the mix........especially during dinner. RSVP usually has ladys where Atlantis has very few.....which hopefully will change in the future.

Well, time to log off........and think about whether to do costumes or not, and whether to try to lose a few more pounds to compensate for what I will consume on board ship...did someone say chocolate?

OK- I didn't realize how easy it was to change it! We are now all set for the 8:15am.

However, please don't expect me to be awake until a few screwdrivers. ;)

We can't wait!!

Anyone else have an inside cabin? This is my first inside cabin (maybe 2nd)--- are they roomy?? Thanks all! :)

This may be TOTALLY random... but we are watching Lisa Lampanelli's "Dirty Girl" show on Comedy Central. She is HILARIOUS! She was also on the roast of Pam Anderson last year.

She is crazy and she doesn't hold back plus she loves her gays! Her website is: http://insultcomic.com

She has a full tour to promote her CD/DVD "Dirty Girl". Well from 2/24 to 3/10 she has NOTHING booked on her online calendar.

OK so it may not the cruise, however, it was a good enough coincidence for me to post it! Again, she is raunchy and wonderful! So *fingers crossed* for Lisa on the cruise! :)

FORMAL ATTIRE - I know there was some discussion earlier about how formal people were going to dress. I really enjoy getting dressed up o the nines but it is only fun to do if others are. I wont bring my tux all the way from Switzerland but if others are interested in doing the full formal evening, I will rent something for the week from the website on the Princess website.

Christopher

Hey, I went out and bought my first tuxedo today so don't quit on me!

Right now it is snowing in Brooklyn, so planning excursions to the beach is a nice diversion.

We are booked for anytime dining: being newbies I just went for flexibility.

Now to decide which parties to dress up for...

I just went out to take out the garbage for tomorrow's collection and discovered that it has been snowing rather heavily this evening. I may have to get out the snow blower for the first time this year. Of course, it won't start up, I know it won't!

Mike & Gary- Glad to hear that you will be joining us for the early Catamaran cruise!!

Christopher- you mentioned Sabatini's Restaurant. We are thinking of doing that Tuesday evening. And about your 10 lb challenge...I actually started that after the holidays....so I only have 5 more pounds to go. (Gee, I'm talking about eating and losing weight in the same paragraph!).

We also are signed up for the anytime dinning. I think that is wonderful.

Jim- our best wishes to Bill for a quick recovery!

We will be wearing either our tuxes or white dinner jackets for formal night. Wouldn't it be great if we could get a group Cruise Critics photo taken that night? Or if not that night, some other time.

And we actually have all our other costumes just about complete!

Christopher - a yellow pages search doesn't turn up much around here. There's a place called Masquerade Costumes that has a location in Lauderhill and one in Hollywood. Not sure where you are staying, but if near the port, 15 minutes drive north or south to either. If you want to contact them, they have a very minimal web presence at www.masqueradecostumes.com Their yellow pages ad indicates that they have a huge selection to rent or buy in all sizes. The other places listed seem to be in the fetish/lingerie/vintage business, or down in Miami.

Mike - Lisa was on Leno the other night....she was bleeped a lot :) Clearly, she is totally outrageous. I thought she was going to jump on James Woods' lap and start going at it.

Anyone else have an inside cabin? This is my first inside cabin (maybe 2nd)--- are they roomy?? Thanks all! :)

Mike... the inside cabins I uh... visited on the October cruise were as roomy as my outside obstructed view cabin.

this trip I'm in an inside cabin myself, not my first choice but since paying for a cabin alone it saved me quite a bit. I was in an inside cabin on the greece cruise years ago and the *only* thing I don't like about an inside cabin is not knowing if it's day or night when I wake up. I'm bringing a digital clock with me for the cabin, to provide a little bit of light and idea of what time it is, and some friends on the last cruise kept the tv on the channel that shows the front of the ship, which of course shows if it's day or nite, just a couple of suggestions that might help not having a window to the outside :)

wow. it takes four posts for page 8 to finally show up...anyway, Tom, after some consulting on the Princess board, Crooners seems like a good pre dinner choice, since it is right off the atrium and has a piano and martinis (my fave pre dinner)...but Wheelhouse is also a possibility.

Phil.. visited? :) That's going to be my favorite euphemism. :) And yes, Mike, if you go to the princess website, you can see they are basically the same as the other standard cabins. One fantastic thing about Princess, is that they position the closet horizontally in the cabin. Everyone comments on the very efficient use of space.

Anyone sign up for spa treatments? I want to do the couples Rasul mud thing.

Yup Matt I signed up for Spa treatments. An integral part of my cruise experience. I always aim for at least a massage and a manacure. I signed up for a Swedish early in the Week and Shiatsu later on. The Mud room is supposed to be really nice but alas it is a couples thing.

I will be staying in Wilton Manors at 31st Court in a Guest Room which I guess is really near the Gerogies Alibi and some other gay locales. I found the same costume shops you mentioned after I posted last night but am not sure how far they are from where I will be.

OK it looks like I will go ahead and order the tux for on board as it appears that there is a desire to dress and since I wont be the only one, GREAT.

Inside stateroom is where I will be as well. Supposed to share but not sure if I will be or not as there was no other name listed on the booking when I went ot the Cruise Personalizer. So fingers crossed on that one.

Christopher

Matt,

Haven't logged on over the weekend, but as far as the trashy tourist t-dance, all the parties are listed on the backside of one of the documents in the packet. Just in case you don't see it they are:

1. Tropical Tease sail away.

2. Red Hot party.

3. Ballz t dance (whatever that is).

4. Pajama party.

5. Underwear party.

6. Super hero party.

7. Trashy tourist t dance.

8. Under construction leather party.

They really have them lined up for this cruise--it's going to be too much fun. I couldn't sleep last night just thinking about it, so it's going to be a long day at work today.

Steven

We bought brand new skimpy sarongs at Key West last year to wear for the sarong T-dance, and now they aren't having one. Of course last year we wore them for the sun-hat dance. Maybe that's what the Ballz T-dance is! :) Or I guess if we are real trashy, we can wear them for the Trashy Tourist dance.

So you visit cabins spreading good cheer?

If you provide room service as well.......maybe some chocolate chip cookies...I'm in P310 (an outside on Plaza deck).

Monumax....if the blower wont do what you want it to do.....pour a couple of shots on Grey Goose into his tank and then pull his lanyard...works every time. Then you can go out and work on the snow plow. LOL

Matt...your first predinner martini is on me to celebrate having Ralph. After that he can follow the instructions as noted above concerning starting instructions. Wink

Boy, room service, blowers, martinis.....this should be a real festive crowd!

And to think I have to be the token innocent babe on the cruise.....and delicate, and fragile, pure and unsoiled......oh the shame of it all. But then there are the three nights in Ft Lauderdale before the cruise.......

Tim....you guessed my SuperHero costume!:D

Steven....Actually, it takes a couple of days to work up our nerves to wear the sarongs:o(blushing), so the tropical slease (I mean tease) sailaway will be too early.

So you visit cabins spreading good cheer?

If you provide room service as well.......maybe some chocolate chip cookies...I'm in P310 (an outside on Plaza deck).

Monumax....if the blower wont do what you want it to do.....pour a couple of shots on Grey Goose into his tank and then pull his lanyard...works every time. Then you can go out and work on the snow plow. LOL

Matt...your first predinner martini is on me to celebrate having Ralph. After that he can follow the instructions as noted above concerning starting instructions. Wink

Boy, room service, blowers, martinis.....this should be a real festive crowd!

And to think I have to be the token innocent babe on the cruise.....and delicate, and fragile, pure and unsoiled......oh the shame of it all. But then there are the three nights in Ft Lauderdale before the cruise.......

Me too. . .I want room service. E204 Emerald deck outside. I want it to be real festive. My roomie isn't planning on bringing any costumes or anything crazy, :( but I am.

Steven - thanks for the clarification...I am still patiently awaiting my docs. Hope they are in the mail today.

Christopher - if you are in Wilton Manors, then you are closer to the location in Lauderhill...but still about a 10 minute drive

Max - I always look forward to the sarong outfits...no matter where you decide to drape it :)

Just what is a trashy tourist - black socks in sandals with a thong?

I would have guessed Ballz was the underwear party, if it were not listed seperately. So do you think it's more like "do you have the ballz to bare it?" Sounds like a voyeur's dream.

In my former profession, I used to put people into super hero outfits on a regular basis (those stories are best told over a cocktail)...maybe I should call my old boss for some accessories. Unfortunately the rest of the outfits would not fit :)

Tom, will Fort Lauderdale be the same?

Mike... the inside cabins I uh... visited on the October cruise were as roomy as my outside obstructed view cabin.

this trip I'm in an inside cabin myself, not my first choice but since paying for a cabin alone it saved me quite a bit. I was in an inside cabin on the greece cruise years ago and the *only* thing I don't like about an inside cabin is not knowing if it's day or night when I wake up. I'm bringing a digital clock with me for the cabin, to provide a little bit of light and idea of what time it is, and some friends on the last cruise kept the tv on the channel that shows the front of the ship, which of course shows if it's day or nite, just a couple of suggestions that might help not having a window to the outside :)

Ok Phil. I am really trying not to go there but I can't help it.

So how roomy was the 'inside cabin' that you 'visited'? :p

haha

We will be fine! The suggestions about the portable clock and the front of the ship are great!!!

We are saving up for the Mediterranean cruise this summer! :D Two trips with the 'infamous' Tom in a couple months! I don't know if we will survive!!! :p

Steven - thanks for the clarification...I am still patiently awaiting my docs. Hope they are in the mail today.

Christopher - if you are in Wilton Manors, then you are closer to the location in Lauderhill...but still about a 10 minute drive

Max - I always look forward to the sarong outfits...no matter where you decide to drape it :)

Just what is a trashy tourist - black socks in sandals with a thong?

I would have guessed Ballz was the underwear party, if it were not listed seperately. So do you think it's more like "do you have the ballz to bare it?" Sounds like a voyeur's dream.

In my former profession, I used to put people into super hero outfits on a regular basis (those stories are best told over a cocktail)...maybe I should call my old boss for some accessories. Unfortunately the rest of the outfits would not fit :)

Tom, will Fort Lauderdale be the same?

You're welcome Matt. Hope you get your docs soon. As for the trashy tourist--you're on the right track with the black socks and sandals. Just be really, really tacky.

I just spoke with Nick at RSVP. As for the Ballz t-dance, they will have the pool filled with beach balls, so the theme will be centered around balls and "whatever you have the balls to wear."

The tropical sail away will be about anything tropical: grass skirts, leis, etc.

They will have bingo as usual, they just don't know if Sister Helen of the Southern Fried Chicken Baptist will be hosting it again like on the Mexico cruise. I certainly hope Sister Helen will be there. I thought she was hilarious.

Steven

I just spoke with Nick at RSVP. As for the Ballz t-dance, they will have the pool filled with beach balls, so the theme will be centered around balls and "whatever you have the balls to wear."

The tropical sail away will be about anything tropical: grass skirts, leis, etc.

Where the hell do you guys put all this stuff!!??!?!? :D I thought we were going to have 4 bags--- we may be up to 5 now!!!

Seriously! :)

As for the costumes... what we have in mind might be too hot. Hmmmm wonder if a shorts/t-shirt version would work?

Archived