ROLL CALL: 2/25/07 Caribbean Princess

MattInFLL

John & Leonard,

You will have a ball doing whatever you please. There is something for everyone on these cruises. We've been on about 18 RSVP cruises and there are a variety of passenger types, sizes, cultures, ethnic groups etc... everyone is accepted and there are a variety of activities. :D
Look forward to meeting you both,

Jim & Terry

I just finished booking my cruise. Nothing like waiting to the last minute! I'm glad I found all of you. But, 800 messages? I don't think I'll ever catch up. So, please, include me on any roll call lists and I'll try and figure out the rest.

As an introduction, Darrell from St. Louis. I'm 46, 6'5" (so I'm easy to spot) and traveling solo (C537). I've cruised a number of times before, but never on an all gay charter. I'm used to packing for two changes of clothes a day, but, looks like I'll need three (or more!) just to keep up. I think I need to hire a sherpa.

Looking forward to seven fun filled WARM days and meeting all of you. Till then, happy packing!

Darrell

Hey Darrell - welcome! You're a few doors down from us (C605) and you sound easy to spot :) But if you read just the last couple of pages, you can get a pretty good run down on what's happening.. and if you shoot an email off to Tim n Rick, you can be included in the cruise roster.

As for what to wear - you can be really casual on RSVP. There's only one formal night and even that is just "suggested"... and day times are so bathing suit, shorts, and t-shirt. They've set aside one dining room just for singles, FYI.

[FONT=Arial Black]Hi Guys: Martin here. I am 49, 6'4" and walk with a sexy limp and a cane (easy to spot!). Around these parts I'm known as "Da Pimp wit Da Limp" but you can call me Martin! I will be traveling with BF Jim and 2 friends, Tim and Lenny (they have their own room). We are in B303. This is my second RSVP and we will be arriving on Feb 24 so we'd love to meet everyone at the Cubby Hole Saturday night. We are staying in Ft Lauderdale at an interestingly described accomodation called the Inn Leather (a sling in every room!). Being the adventurous type, Jim and I thought we'd check out this leather scene (though we are not BIG leather fans). Has anyone heard of it or stayed there before? We are also excited about the Superhero party and contest. Jim and I have made our outfits from scratch and dubbed ourselves the "Gay Avengers!" with a glittery "GA" on our chests! Our motto: "Queer with No Fear" I was also partial to "able to leap tall men in a single bound" but I nixed that one! I will also enter the Talent Contest singing the lounge classic "Blow Me." You guys won't wanna miss this one! Besides..we need your support guys!! Aught to be lots of fun! See everyone in 1 short week![/FONT]

Hey Marty - we welcome you and your cane, and your BF and friends of course :) Hope to see you either at Sailaway for RMS Olympic's festive time at Tradewinds Bar (above the main center pool) or at our "official" gathering on Monday at 1:30 in the Crooner's Bar off main atrium.

Inn Leather is exactly as it sounds - a very sexual place. I personally have not been in there, but many friends and acquaintances have darkened its doorstep while in FLL. So it should be interesting :)

[quote name='GregFL'][IMG]http://www.rsvpcruisers.com/art/rsvpadwilton.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Greg, thanks for posting the Bon Voyage party info... My friend and I were a little weary about the idea of it being at Cubby Hole --- Not that we have anything against bears at all (we love everyone) -- but we just don't quite fit that look... thought we would have been turned away at the mouth of the cave! We fly out in a week... woohoo! Hurray for 3 day weekends! 4 more work days to go!

Hi, Glenn...
Your agent should have told you whether you had fixed or "Personal Choice" dining - since you reserved nearly the same as me, I was told only "Personal Choice" was available. From what I understand (I think I read iton this board) one of the dining rooms is being set aside for singles. I guess Personal Choice means any time, any table, but one of the 3 dining rooms is for fixed only.
Clear as Mud?
Email me - [EMAIL="thulewx@hotmail.com"]thulewx@hotmail.com[/EMAIL]

Phil

Singles are in the Coral...eat when you want...no fixed time or seat. I would think the other dining room would be open to you if you want, but not the fixed room where its traditional same seat same time.. If you meet couples that you want to dine with , they can eat in the singles room as well...there is no structure or rules. The Singles set up is just so you can meet people. I experienced this on the Mexico cruise...it worked very well.
bertha

The Island Dining Room is for the traditional set-time dining (6:30 or 8:45) at the same table with the same waiter, etc. The Palms and the Coral Dining rooms are for open seating at any table and any time between 6:00pm-10:00pm.

FYI - the Island and the Coral are above/below one another near the center of the ship. Palm is at the rear of the ship, and can *not* be accessed from those main public decks. You have to go "up and over" to the aft elevator bank. I have heard that this actually makes the Palm less crowded, since so many either never figure out how to get to it, or can't be bothered. It's also the largest main dining room.

Glenn - shoot me an email - I found that picture and scanned it. Phil I will send you a copy too.

MATTLA90069 @ hotmail

One week from today Ricky and I will be arriving in Florida! We've almost made it!

Welcome to all the new posters! If you would like to be included in our directory to be distributed among the CC members please send me an email including a photo, name and cabin number to [EMAIL="timhyatt@bellsouth.net"]timhyatt@bellsouth.net[/EMAIL]

Greg, would it be ok if I use the flyer in the directory?

Does anyone know if the Cubby has one?

Snow here today. Haven't had much all winter so I'm glad to see it but I'll be much happier to bask in the sun.

I don't see one on their web site ( [URL]http://www.thecubbyhole.com/[/URL] ) but it is mentioned briefly.

Hoping to see Generoso Mazzone as the Maitre' D - woof - Tom: You'll die if it's him...:eek: :p
One week!!!!

[quote name='Tim-n-Rick']
Does anyone know if the Cubby has one?
[quote]

Tim : On the Yahoo Group, John the owner of Cuby Hole, has sated that there should be more details released on Monday. You may want to try to contact him directly to see if he can provide you with anything as I know your deadline for submissions is also Monday.

Also Tim: Any luck on the boots/shoes? I finally got tracking info on the ones I ordered and they should arrive in at Dave's place mid-week. Talk about cutting it close. I do have a pair of light blue converse high tops, size 10 or 11 I think, that I am going to shove in the suitcase. So if they would help one of you (or anyone else) out they will be along for the ride and available for a small rental fee.:D

Max: I downloaded and burned a backing track for Lily's Eyes that I will bring along. Not the best of quality but not reall too bad for a dollar and a half.

Welcome to all the new arrivals. I have lost count of how many we have had posting because it keeps growing. I also hope that some that we have not heard from in a while are still reading and following along. I imagine that they are just too busy packing and preparing to chime in now and again.

I was looking at the Oscars website and noticed that there is a printable ballot. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a Oscars pool. Throw a few dollars in the pot and the one with the most correct on their ballot takes all. Just a thought.

And now for an off-topic question. I am planning my Christmas/New Year Holidays to come back to the USA but I refuse to spend the entire 3 weeks with my family. Love them but there are reasons for moving so far away. I am looking for suggestions/reccommendations for New Years activities. Has anyone taken a New Year's Cruise? been to somewhere really cool and memorable for the New Year? I am planning to use frequent flyer miles to purchase the fare so am trying to get some ideas now so I can grab up the tickets when they become available in a few weeks time. Shoot your ideas to me at [EMAIL="olegrad95@yahoo.com"]olegrad95@yahoo.com[/EMAIL] or share with me on board next week. Thanks.

Anyway, I am at the packing point of trying to determine what I can do without so that the suitcase will close and I wont be slapped with a overweight luggage fee. I am sure that I am not the only one in this situation.

Christopher

I just checked the Centers fro Disease Control scores for the CB - WOW!!:eek:
5 out of the last 6 inspections scored perfect 100's!! And the other one was a 99!!
One Clean ship!!

And, as Matt mentioned earlier, this web site: [URL]http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com/theship.html[/URL]
has TONS of info - daily menues, prices for spa, etc...
Great site!!
ONE WEEK til boarding!!!!:D

Did you guys see this statement on the daily activities schedule on the RSVP site:

[SIZE=1][LEFT][COLOR=mediumturquoise]Please do not flush condoms down your toilet. The plumbing on the ship is necessarily complicated and condoms can create clogs which prevent all the cabins around you from using the toilet until the clog is located and dissolved. Please note technicians are able to determine which cabin created the clog.[/COLOR]

Those technicians are good![/LEFT]
[/SIZE]

Yes they [I][U]are[/U][/I] good! :p
It's amazing how ditzy our brethren can get and how little they listen. It's usually announced 30-40 times about the condo's but it never fails - someone does it and the toilets clog.
And worse - I remember one a couple years ago on Westerdam - these 2 ditzes brought candles, lit them and then left - fire destroyed their cabin and one on either side.:rolleyes: They left the cruise that day, of course.

thulewx - Thanks for the heads up on the Cubby. I'll look on the site tomorrow.

Christopher - You would not believe what I finally came up with! We have scuba boots and boot covers like ice skaters use. Now I don't like the shorts we ordered :( Oh well, I've got shopping to do.

I feel so sorry for the poor technicians who have to chase condoms through the pipes of the ship! One sure fire way to stop it would be to have the offending party hunt it down! :eek:

Last call? Oh how bittersweet those words can be! I can't believe the 19th is already here! So indeed tomorrow is the last day to get your picture or basic info into our directory.

So, if you want to associate your gorgeous mug with your postings on CC then send me an email with your photo, name and cabin number at [EMAIL="timhyatt@bellsouth.net"]timhyatt@bellsouth.net[/EMAIL] or if you want your info included without a photo simply send that along.

I will email out the final directory Monday evening and I will bring a few printed copies to our gatherings.

I'm so glad that I found this board. I started reading it on Friday and just finished the 41 pages! I've been having wacky dreams about cruise ships and other large moving objects! :rolleyes:

This will be my second gay cruise. The first was RSVP Mexico last year. What a great time that was! Booked this cruise on the final sea day of the last. Couldn't bear to have the cruise come to its end, and had to book the next trip before getting off of the ship.

I'm single, heading down from New York's Long Island, where the weather has definitely been putting me into Vaycay-longing mode.

It's been a [I]pleasure[/I] to read this board. A lot of great information and warm personalities.

Look forward to meeting the people behind the avatars.

[B]Walter[/B]
Dolphin 609

I can't believe that a week from now we will be on the CB! After all this planning and researching, I am now starting to panic that there is something I forgot to do! I highly doubt it, though.

Christopher,
I need to look up my sheet music for Lily's eyes and brush up on it. Glad to hear you have a backup track for us.

Welcome to all the newest posters.

OK, we are now spending the afternoon sorting through our clothes to get ready to pack. This is the part we really hate

john and i are packing already. there are certain things we know we're taking so we're laying them on the guest room bed in preparation. i'm doing laundry so that absolutely everything is clean and i have complete choices about what to bring. i always pack to much, but it's about the choices...........LOL

one whole suitcase is the bar!! then there are hard hats, etc.......

i think we'll have less luggage than we did last time though. not lugging cowboy boots and cowboy hats, and stuff like that. should be maybe 3 bags and a garment bag. (well, they give you 6 luggage tags.........<g>)

one week from right now we'll be aboard having a welcome cocktail......

i can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

david

Archived