New to Grand Suite

LaPaloma

We have just booked the Grand Suite 801 on the Silver Shadow. We have always had a Veranda Suite in the past. Is the Grand Suite as good as its looks.:)

It's big, and it's great for cocktail parties since it has a lot of floor space. I personally think the Silver Suites are the prettiest suites on the Shadow or the Whisper, and the Owner's Suites are the most appealing of the top-of-the-line suites (in part because of their long balconies and vast expanse of glass). The bedrooms in the Owner's Suites are more conventional (and , I assume, smaller) than those in the Grand and Royal Suites, though.

We have just booked the Grand Suite 801 on the Silver Shadow. We have always had a Veranda Suite in the past. Is the Grand Suite as good as its looks.:)

I've used 801 on the Whisper and loved it. As it was my first cruise I didn't have a set of expectations but we thought it wonderful.

801 is probably along with the one beside it (800 or 802?) the best grand as it gives you the best view forward from the bedroom. As I understand it the 6 deck grands give virtually no view forward and 7 by comparison is more limited. There's a great place to sit in the bedroom to see what's going on in front. Some of the verandah is sort of under the bulk head. The suite is quiet because it's at the end of a corridor and also has the entrance lobby. The only disturbance is sometimes the crew on the bridge are on the bit that sticks out so they can look backwards - and this is a noisy bit of deck above the verandah - but this only seems to happen when docking.

We took with us both MP3 and DVD and 801 became a real home from home.

You'll enjoy 801.

Post any further questions.

Thanks for the imput on the Grand Suite--our concern was that we had made a booking in a Silver Suite--some friends wanted to join us, and the only thing available was a Royal or Grand Suite. We booked the 2 bedroom Grand! I'm sure we will have a ball.

Thanks for the imput on the Grand Suite--our concern was that we had made a booking in a Silver Suite--some friends wanted to join us, and the only thing available was a Royal or Grand Suite. We booked the 2 bedroom Grand! I'm sure we will have a ball.

You'll have a great time. You'll need to agree who sleeps in 803 and who has the main bedroom. The main advantage of 803 is that they'll have a private lounge and deck to escape to whereas the lounge and deck of 801 will become communual. You could of course swap half-way. And who gets to stretch out on the sofa and watch the plasma tv?

Have a great time

Archived