Sofitel Miami

Karibean

Has anyone stayed at the Sofitel in Miami? Do you know of any good restaurants or fun things to do around there? I think it's near the airport. Any info you may have will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!! :)

I live in Miami so I've never stayed there but I can tell you that it is by the airport and the location of the hotel is about 10-15 minutes away from Coral Gables where there is a plethora of restaurants to choose from.

Also close by is the International and Dolphin malls. Dolphin Mall has restaurants as well as a state of the art bowling alley and Dave Busters. You didn't mention if you have a rental car. There isn't really much to do in that area thats within walking distance unfortunately.

We stayed at the Sofitel last October post cruise for one night. We were very happy with our room. We were able to check in early and the staff were very pleasant. One of the robes provided was torn and it was replaced within 5 minutes of me contacting the front desk. We did not eat in the hotel. There is a shuttle bus to a shopping mall from the hotel lobby. Other than that there is nothing around the area of the hotel - typical airport hotel. It's fine for one night.

Thank you both for the great info! We weren't planning on renting a car so knowing that the shuttle is there to get out for a bite to eat is a relief!

Sandancer - Did you take a taxi to the Port of Miami last year? Do you remember how much it was? Just trying to plan ahead! ;)

Thanks again! I really appreciate it! :)

Thank you both for the great info! We weren't planning on renting a car so knowing that the shuttle is there to get out for a bite to eat is a relief!

Sandancer - Did you take a taxi to the Port of Miami last year? Do you remember how much it was? Just trying to plan ahead!

The Sofitel has an airport shuttle so when we disembarked we took a taxi to the airport to pick up the shuttle to the hotel. BIG MISTAKE. We waited almost 1 hour for the shuttle. When we got to the hotel we met some people off our ship who had taken a taxi directly to the hotel and paid about $3 more than the fixed fare to the airport. About $27. We did not stay pre-cruise as we did a trans-canal and sailed from San Diego. Hope this helps.

We're staying at the Sofitel in January pre-cruise and want to pick up some liquor/soda before sailing. Is there anywhere close to do this or do we need to grab a cab to go somewhere? We're taking the shuttle from the airport, and to the port.

Archived