Empress room question

Spanky My

We have cruised on the Empress a few times, keep in mind that she is an older ship and the cabins are small but ok. What I didn't like was that the pullman beds are attached to the walls rather than the ceiling, they tend to get in the way getting in and out of bed. We are sailing on the Empress December 04, and this time we booked an owners suite. We haved always loved the Empress, what she lacks in size her crew and the food make up for it.

Hi Spanky My..and you too, ribarfly(!)..We had a midship, oceanview when we cruised the Empress last December. As ribarfly mentioned, the rooms are small, we had our room set-up as twins, and it seemed to give us more walk around room. Closet is okay, lots of drawer space. We did bring an over the door hanger for the bathroom, which worked out well for us. Window was large. No "motion in the ocean", and I am prone to a little motion sickness. Just stopped by the Purser's office and picked up merazine. No problem.

Hope this helps, we liked the ship and itinerary (Southern Caribbean) so much, we are even sailing with ribarfly come December!! But this time in a JS.

Helen

for the response. We have sailed before on the empress,but we were on deck 3 inside. We got a good deal on an oceanview room on the 8th deck midship so decided to give it a shot. We just wondered if being higher up made much difference in ship movement . We shall find out at the end of janurary... Take care....Spanky my

Archived