St. Kitts...driving distances and times

ugogirl

I can't decide which beach I want to go to on St. Kitts. What I'd like to do is take a little beach tour and stop at the beaches as you head to the end of the peninsula (Frigate Bay, South Friars, White House and then out to Cockleshell). If we spend a few minutes checking out each beach, how long would you estimate it would take to get to Cockelshell from Basseterre? Another time estimate please... the time to travel from Basseterre to Brimstone Fortress. The island doesn't appear to be that big but I know the roads and the traffic can affect the amount of time it takes to get from one place to the next. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Brimstone Hill is about 10 miles west of Basseterre and the drive normally takes about 30 minutes. You may want to factor in another 10 -15 minutes for traffic olong the way since other taxis will be on the road transporting visitors there as well. Driving straight to Cockleshell Bay from Basseterre would take about 20 - 30 minutes. If you factor in a five minute stop to the 5-6 beaches along the way that adds up to another 30-40 minutes, inclusive of the time to drive to those that are off the main road.

Archived