Gauranteed SY

CanadianMAG

We are booked for a SY Guaranteed on our upcoming cruise; to make a long story short my TA didnt answer my emails on a timely manor and I missed out on a cheaper assigned room (which would have been the exact cabin we had on our honeymoon :D ). My TA was trying to solve the situation by giving me some perks which helped but he said guaranteed rooms work as a first come first serve and apparently we are high on the list and he says that means we more then likely will get an upgrade. Is that true, how does the guarantee assignment work I understand how it works but not the listing and how to get upgraded? He said there was something like 18 guaranteed rooms are booked for only 14 spots (does this make sense)

He said there was something like 18 guaranteed rooms are booked for only 14 spots (does this make sense)

Yes, there could well be 18 GTY for 14 available SY cabins, and if that is the case then 4 will definitely be getting and upgrade ... but the chance of you getting one is less than 1 in 3, so I wouldn't call that "most likely". I'm not convinced that the upgrade fairy does anything rational or predictable like FIFO (or FCFS if you prefer).

Best that I can tell, the SY & SS are the same. When I booked my SY on the O for 3/3/06, The SY was $999 and the SS was quite a bit more. The only difference was SY is Upper Verandah Deck and SS is on Navigation Deck. Identical cabins. My personal opinion is I don't feel it's an upgrade from an SY cabin to an SS cabin, even though they charge more for the SS.

Diane

SS and SY are the same. Apparently HAL has now added additional "categories" to the SS class to charge a whole lot more. When I was referring to an upgrade I meant a full-suite. Our last room was SS room 6096 and it was a nice location and the different floors were not priced differently.. I was hoping more perks then location IF we got upgraded, but I completely forgot that the SS is now an upgrade so that is all we will probably get :-(

Canadian, I agree with you. We have booked an SY cabin in a great location, 6083 on the O. I told our TA she could put us on the upgrade list. I'm afraid an upgrade would be to an SS on Navigation deck and not as centrally located. I'll have only myself to blame if that happens.

Diane

Archived