Half Moon Cay Cabana Question

EngineerDel

Hello HAL experts:

I have been searching HAL's web site for a "revised' map of Half Moon Cay. There has been a lot of discussion about the NEW CABANA recently built to accomodate more passengers looking for a bit of luxury while relaxing at the beach.

Supposedly there is a NEW PEACH CABANA located in the spot where the old SKY BLUE CABANA was located. The new location of the SKY BLUE is said to be located next to the ORANGE one. So, in order from the Tender Dock, #1 is TAUPE, #2 is DARK BLUE, #3 is the famous TURQUOIS, #4 is ORANGE, #5 is SKY BLUE (next to the Water Sports Area), #6 is PEACH, #7 is PURPLE, #8 is PINK, #9 is GREEN, #10 is YELLOW, and #11 is TERRA COTTA.

My question is this: Did HAL change the old SKY BLUE CABANA to PEACH, and build a NEW SKY BLUE CABANA next to the ORANGE one. Or did they RELOCATE the original SKY BLUE and build a new PEACH in the old location where the SKY BLUE once was. Just curious as we have rented the SKY BLUE for our Volendam Cruise starting on December 3.

Also, are there any plans for ADDITIONAL Cabans in the future, as they have become more populal than ever. It's getting to the point where ALL the Cabanas have a WAIT LIST if not reserved early.

Since HAL's Map is not up to date, where can I find the latest map that shows all Cabanas in their correct location?

Help!

Del

EngineerDel...

I posted the "color" order that you've referenced based on my observations from our 10/15 cruise. The visual colors confused me too as I walked the beach taking pictures of each cabana in order. I'm in the process of getting my hundreds of pictures from my digital camera into my computer, so I will try to post the 15+ cabana pictures in the next few days as I'm able. Hopefully that way, everyone can see what I've tried to "colorfully" report. :-)

Debjo

Gee, thanks debjo:

I didn't realize there were now 15 Cabanas. I'm looking forward to your pictures. We were at Half Moon Cay last November and I recall seeing only about 10 at that time, if my memory serves me right. (I didn't actually count them).

Now, maybe it won't be so hard to reserve one in the future. I appreciate your responding to my question. But, I still don't understand why HAL hasn't updated their own map to reflect the new arrangement so everyone can see the exact location of the Cabana they wish to rent!

Thanks again,

Del

Archived