****Live From the Golden Princess****

T&J

The Captain must have read my mind - I think they should blow the horn (whistle) more often!

I talked to Captain Andy Proctor about that once, and asked if he would instruct the officers on the bridge to blow the ship's horn every seaday at noon, just prior to the announcement from the bridge. He did - and they did!

The three blasts of the horn (whistle) usually is notice that the ship is backing into the shipping channel. They do it every time they back away from the dock in San Francisco, and often give another blast just before passing under the Golden Gate Bridge. Brings a tear to my eye every time!

Michael...I wish this guy would do the same...he's stingy with his horn!

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Tony,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I use, and have used these boards alot gathering information for making my decision on cruises and ships. I have found cruising to be an excellent vacation for my Mother and I to take together, she is a busy lady at 63 and getting away on a ship is a great way for her to really relax. My schedule gives me time in December so for the last two Christmas I have given her a cruise for her present. Once with Carnival and most recently with NCL. We will be on the 16th-23rd voyage out of New Orleans, and are really looking forward to it.

I have a few questions about the Golden if you would have time I would appreciate it. I plan on using the gym a good bit on this cruise, what does it have in terms of cardio equipment ie. treadmills, stairmasters, eliptical trainers etc. I also enjoy the steam room and sauna if avaialable, could you tell me about these if you have used them? Are they located in the Spa area? I would also like to indulge in some of the spa offerings, probably a massage and sometype of body scrub or wrap that would be refreshing and de-toxifying, would you have any reccomendations.? I think that we are going to opt for the anytime dining for our 7 day cruise, are there any particular waiters or waitresses that you could recommend. Also, what is the name of the maitre dee that is in charge of the anytime dining room? I would like to bring him a gift from our restaurant and area, as I am in the hospitality and food service industry as well. I read that you have cruised with your Mother in the past as well, are there any activities that you both really enjoyed? Thanks so much for your input.

I'm really enjoying your discussion here and eagerly anticipate our cruise soon aboard the Golden. Thanks.

The Maitre'd taht overseas all restaurants is Mario Propato and Isaac adn Pietro are the other Asst' Maitre'd that look after the Bernini and Donatello Dinning for Anytime Dinning.

I can inquire as to an excellent waiter as mine Maria is leaving on Nov 22nd and rejoining only in Rio de Janeiro on Jan 22nd, but I will check for you any recoomendations from the Maitre'd.

As to the gym, they have staimasters, and treadmills adn an outside jogging track on deck 16. The Lotus Spa has some great massages such as the Hot Stone Massage I would recommend and also the sea weed wrap or the body scrub with salt and ginger is excellent as well and I have tried them all.

The Steam room is located in the Spa Area of the gym.

We'll my Mother was an easy woman to please...feed her some "red berry juice and a bun" (red wine) and take her to every bingo game and she was very happy.

Tony

Good Morning Family.....just kidding .

Today is election day in Toronto for a mayor . Also most banks and goverment institutions are closed because of Rememberance Day. Just back from physio . Damp and getting cold here . Getting dark earlier which is depressing .

Time to plan another vacation . Where do you guys recommend we go for April 2007 ?

With me on the Pacific Princess 22 days from Sydney to Papeete (Tahiti)....April 24th to May 15th/07....

Tony

Envy4u why not the new Emerald Princess in the Med transatlantic crossing? I could be persuaded to switch my cruise for the Med perhaps or just a 12 day Med cruise on the Emerald...

Tony

With me on the Pacific Princess 22 days from Sydney to Papeete (Tahiti)....April 24th to May 15th/07....

Tony

You know me better than that ....PP is NOT a grand class ship and 22 days is out of the question .

Envy4u why not the new Emerald Princess in the Med transatlantic crossing? I could be persuaded to switch my cruise for the Med perhaps or just a 12 day Med cruise on the Emerald...

Tony

This one is a possibility . I will talk to J to see if he is interested in doing that one . How much is that cruise ?

We'll just came back from the "Office" and it was minimum wage tonight didn't lose didn't win!:mad:

Oh we'll always tomorrow or another day perhaps....

The ship is moving the most tonight than on the previous cruise or anytime on this cruise.

There are strong winds out on deck and they have posted signs on the doors advising people of the strong winds.

Me, I am going to head up to bed shortly and get a good nights sleep as we arrive early at 7:00am in Kusadasi tomorrow morning.

More to follow later tonight from the Golden Princess enroute to Kusadasi, Turkey.

Tony

This one is a possibility . I will talk to J to see if he is interested in doing that one . How much is that cruise ?

Which one? Transatlantic or Med cruise?

I would wait and see for a flash on those as they are always deeply discounted....cheapy cheap usually!

Tony

Which one? Transatlantic or Med cruise?

I would wait and see for a flash on those as they are always deeply discounted....cheapy cheap usually!

Tony

I will have to check them out . Can you send me a link .

Like the word cheap.....it is my middle name .

Nite...sweet dreams .

xoxox

In case you folks havent seen - Kim passed away yesterday.

Ron

thanks Ron but I got word late on Friday night early Saturday morning and personally I did not feel comfortable in posting that kind of info on here as to have known Kim she was a very private person. She helped me deal with my Mother's Terminal Cancer last summer and her passing.

Tony

thanks Ron but I got word late on Friday night early Saturday morning and personally I did not feel comfortable in posting that kind of info on here as to have known Kim she was a very private person. She helped me deal with my Mother's Terminal Cancer last summer and her passing.

Tony

Yes, I have known about it for a couple of months now but, per her family's wishes, kept it to myself hoping for the best. She was a great lady and will be missed. I only wish that I had the opportunity to meet her personally.

Ron

I was just reading the "Passing of Kim's ...." thread . I can only hope that I have that many people say kind words upon my passing as she has had . She will be dearly missed . T told me of her illness sometime ago and of course I respected her privacy . May she rest in peace and be on a beautiful ship up in the sky.

Yes, I have known about it for a couple of months now but, per her family's wishes, kept it to myself hoping for the best. She was a great lady and will be missed. I only wish that I had the opportunity to meet her personally.

Ron

We too knew about it and are very saddened to hear that she's gone. Unlike most of you, we had the opportunity to spend some time with Kim and her husband just about a year ago. She will be missed.

Arlene and Milt

Tony, toast her for all of us tonight.

Spongerob, I did that Friday night early morning when I got the news.

Kim wasn't a drinker but she loved of all thins "Almond Champagne" and I am going to try and find a bottle today in Kusadasi and toast her.

Tony

Au contraire. One of our ports on our Sapphire Princess cruise (31 days, 4/14/08, Sydney > LA) is Papeete, Tahiti. :)

Pam technically right, but Envy4u doesn't want to cruise for 31 days like you and I.

Tony

Good morning from Kusadasi, Turkey.

We arrived in Kusadasi at 6:15am this morning approx. 40 minutes ago and the sun is about to rise for anyone wishing to view it on the ship's Cruise Cam.

The ship has yet to be cleared by the local authorities for paxs to go ashore. Most stores and shops do not open until 9:00am so unless people are on tours, I don't understand the mad rush upstairs in Horizon Court. I was up there 20 minutes ago and it was a nut house!

I plan on going in this morning and going to one of the Turkish baths since today looks to be warmer here and sunny with a high of 65F.

We set sail for Istanbul, Turkey at 1:00pm today, so it's kind like a sea day today...the "Office" will be open sooner!:D

Going to go and have breakfast in the Donatello Dinning when they open in 30 minutes time.

More to follow later today from the Golden Princess in Kusadasi, Turkey.

Tony

Good morning from Kusadasi, Turkey.

We arrived in Kusadasi at 6:15am this morning approx. 40 minutes ago and the sun is about to rise for anyone wishing to view it on the ship's Cruise Cam.

Tony

:cool:

GM Tony:) & GN,

Arrived safely in NC 2 Hours ago & I'm going to bed! GM & Enjoy your Day in Kusadasi!;) My Best! Bill live in Murphy, NC.:D

golden_bridge.jpg

GM Tony:) & GN,

Arrived safely in NC 2 Hours ago & I'm going to bed! GM & Enjoy your Day in Kusadasi!;) My Best! Bill live in Murphy, NC.:D

golden_bridge.jpg

Bill glad to see you arrived safely...

Thanks for teh great Cruise Cam shot of Kusadasi, Turkey.

Tony

Alright going for breakfast now.

The sun is out in full force now adn hopefully things are warming up outside. I can see people wearing a jacket so it must still be very cool out there.

Tony

I just got back from breakfast and had the predictable usual for me; two poached eggs on english Muffins, coffee and fresh squeezed OJ that I couldn't drink as the oranges were very bitter.

The dining Room was empty as all the tours got dispatched early this morning since we have an early sail.

Going to be going ashore in a little while and hopefully check out the one of two Turkish baths. There is one Co-Ed of the two and are close to each other. Another thing to do today would be to go to Pigeon Island right next to the ship as the weather is perfect for walking around.

Tony

I just got back onboard from being ashore....a very ncie day here in Kusadasi. The hot sun this morning was magnificent with a light breeze as well. Especially nice for this time of year here in the Southern part of Turkey.

I did some last minute shopping; not that I really needed anything. The vendors were even more willing to bargain as they know this is the last time Princess is stopping here for this season.

A bunch of us ended up at the Starbucks alongside the pier and had some coffees outside on the terrace in the sun taking in some rays.

We have the the Europa, from Hapag-Lloyd and also the Sea diamond next to us today in port. While coming back to the ship I noticed as always that there was a zodiac with police patrolling on the water around the ship. This port is considered a Level 2 security which means, no visitors, no parcels accepted as delivery onboard, and no late arriving luggage.

Going to be going up for lunch in the Dinning Room shortly and then probably sit on my balcony for sailaway.

We set sail for Istanbul in 55 minutes time. They are calling for a sunny day tomorrow in Istanbul with a high of 58F only.

I also found out that those of us going ashore in Port Said and Alexandria, Egypt must register our cameras, including video cameras as well.

More to follow from the Golden Princess about to sail for Istanbul, Turkey.

Tony

Archived