Specialty restaurants and pricing question

hadleys9538

We are going on the Pearl at the end of March. It will be our first experience with freestyle cruising. I've noticed that the prices people pay for the specialty restaurants seems to vary at times. I've read people paying a low of $5 for dining at an early time to a norm of around $20. When you go to book, are the various prices listed there at the booking table, and does a child (ours is 10) pay the same amount as an adult? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also curious about the costs for the specialty restaurants. I've sailed on Norwegian Dawn and Norwegian Star and to the best of my recollections, the charges for the specialty restaurants were about the same for each with the exception of the Ginza Teppenyaki restaurant. That one charges based upon what you order......for example steak and lobster would cost more than steak and chicken. I've noticed on these boards that some folks tell us that if you go to a specialty restaurant between 5:30 and 6:00 PM, you get a break in the price. Is that true?? We're sailing on the Jewel on Nov 12th and most of our group (8 of us) are early diners and would take advantage of the price break if it is in fact true. :confused:

Children can order off the kids menu (which is the same in all restuarants on board) and not have to pay a cover charge. They can also order soups, salads, desserts, apetizers and side dishes off of the Specialty Menu for no charge. If they order an entree, then they have to pay the same amount of cover as an adult.

Adults can order as many salads, soups, apetizers, desserts and sides as they wish, but if you order more than one entree, it is an additional cover charge.

Most Specialty restaurants have a standard cover of $12.50 to $20.00 per person. There are some items on each menu however that cost a higher amount if you order them. (whole lobster or the 24 oz. T-Bone) Most of the menu however is available for the base cover. There are also specials run sometimes like 2 for 1 specials or half price specials. You can also get a coupon book from NCL or your TA with discount coupons.

I have never eaten at the Sushi Bar or Tepperankaki, but I believe both of those are ala carte pricing...pay by the item.

for any discounts, you will have to check the dailies on your cruise. on my last cruise, it was listed, 1/2 price for cagneys' for early bookings. we did a family of 7 at the time they opened, 5:30. just have to remember it's not the ala carte items, only the regular menu items. so the lobster, porterhouse and surf & turf was not discounted.

Archived