Serenade of the Seas out of san francisco may 5 2007

movie buff

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gary,

me and a dear friend (Axel) are booked on this cruise. We are both from Frankfurt/Germany and have never cruised under the Golden Gate Bridge before. :-) That and great price were the main reasons to book this cruise. I also do like the radiance class ships a lot ( was on the Brilliance (Transatlantic) and the Radiance (Alaska) before). We did the Voyager (transatlantic) this year and I was not really impressed by the ship. The crossing itself however was a blast.

Great to see more family is booked on the Serenade. What is your previous cruise experience and who are you travleling with? Are you by any chance also doing the Freedom cruise on Atlantis?

Greetings from the other side of the pond

Michael

Hi Michael, my partner brian and myself have sailed to and from San Francisco many times over the last several years. We are lucky enough to have all of these ships doing reposition cruises to move the ships to and from Vancouver BC as well as Seattle for the alaska season every year. They seem to start or finish in San Francisco often. That gives us so many chances to sail and only have to fly one way. We have also have been lucky to have had ships home port out of San Francisco for the alaska season. Crystal Cruises had their ship the Crystal Harmony sailing to alaska under the Golden Gate for over 15 seasons. We were lucky to have sailed on her for the the last two seasons, 2004 and 2005. Sailing under the Golden Gate is a experience you will always remember! :) Gary

• 2 months later...

Hi Brian and Gary,

thought it´s about time to bring this back to page one...

How are you guys doing? Hope you had a great start into the New Year. I have been busy with business travels in the past months and can´t wait to go on vacation next week. Off to Miami and on to my first gay cruise ( Atlantis´ Freedom cruise). That´s gonna be interesting and definitely different from all my previous cruises.

Despite that I am still very much looking forward to see SFO again in May and finally sail away under the Golden Gate Bridge... :-)

Take care

Michael

We are really looking forward to sailing on this class of ship again and out of SF, under the GG bridge. I talked ;) my friend Matt into joining me. We will be on the top deck when we go under the bridge as there is nothing like it. Even in inclement weather it is exciting! Looking forward to meeting everyone. David

• 2 months later...

Hi michael, Its been awhile since I have been on these boards. Ifs funny because we had canceled this cruise to go on another one on the Mercury going out of san francisco doing the same exact coastal on april 20th, only it returns back to san francisco instead of ending in vancouver bc. Interesting because yesterday we re-booked back on the Serenade for the may 5th out of san francisco. We are still also going on the Mercury on april 20th. We love Coastal cruises so much we just desided to do both cruises. We are just crazy cruise buffs. Hope we can get to meed you guys on the cruise! GARY

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

only 10 more days to go... Leaving for SFO next thursday. Hope the weather improves. We have had the most unusual weather here in Germany for the past 3-4 weeks with sun, sun, sun and temperatures around 75 . If this is what global warming is all about then I love it ;-) Just feels like summer. Looked at current Vancouver temperatures and that brought me back to reality... Oh well.

I´m currently thinking of rebooking my December transatlantic voyage on the Millenium to Celebrity Journey out of Santos/Sao Paulo for a 12 nighter along the coast including Buenos Aires, Montevideo and fabulous Rio d Janeiro. It´s much more expensive and not much information about the "Journey" has been released from Celebrity yet despite it´s "maiden" journey in 2 or 3 weeks to Bermuda. Have you ever been on such a small vessel?

Looking forward to seeing you next week

Michael

It would be great if the Serenade would tour the San Francisco Bay for two hours like the Celebrity Mercury did this evening! They set sail about 5:15 and, instead of heading for the Golden Gate Bridge, headed south under the Bay Bridge where they hung out and enjoyed the view. Around 7:15 they sailed under the GG Bridge. What a bonus! 8 days and counting...

Archived