Embassy suites...ok for pre-cruise?

VikkiGarcia

I have read all the reviews on Tripadvisor but they don't give me the insight I hope you can provide. Is Embassy Suites a good suggestion for a 3 night pre-cruise? Can we walk to the NCL Sun to board? Is it a horrible location to walk into the French Quarter? We will be using Hilton Honors points so cost is not an issue. I am concerned that it seems far out of the way in a more industrial section of town. Is it safe to walk? Any restaurant suggestions nearby for a taste of New Orleans? Thanks for all your insight. This board is SO helpful!

That's a pretty good location. Unless you have lots of luggage, you could walk to the terminal in 5 or so minutes. I wouldn't want to drag tons of cases. The walk to the Quarter is a bit further, but not undoable, and lots to see along the way. It's a busy area...always plenty of tourists walking back and forth. You should be fine there.

We just stayed there 2 weeks ago and as the above poster said you can do it but not with any bags, A cab shiould be only $10.00. There are lots of restaurants within 1 block. Out the door to the left is Mulate a great Cajun restaurnt with live music. Out the door to the right is Emerils. We walked to the French Quarter 2 times in 2 days and I consider it a very safe area. Enjoy

You can give it a go. You can see Riverwalk from the hotel and the cruise ship dock is right next to that. I think it is more like a 15-20 min. walk. There is a lot of uneven terrain but you can do it. I don't think there is any stairs until you get to dock itself. Hope you enjoy the Sun as much as we did.

VikkiGarcia - We are also staying at Embassy Suites when we go in Feb. From what I understand they offer a shuttle to the pier. That would be so much easier with luggage and such.

On another thread I was told there is a Wal-Mart about a mile away (just FYI) I'll go pick a up a few things there rather then pack them with me (when i fly)

Snowman - I am dying to go to Emerils - did you go there? If so, can you tell me about it? And about how far/long did it take to walk to the French Quarters? Was there a street car (trolly car)?

I would double check the shuttle from the Embassy Suites, We walked over to Emerils but there was a 1 hour wait, so we passed, maybe the conceirge at the hotel can get you in sooner. No Street cars yet. It took us 15 minutes to Bouborn and maybe another 5 minutes to the french market area, which by the way is very cool. Have fun.

Thanks Snowman! I will check on the shuttle.

And maybe I'll make my reservations now for Emerils.

I am so looking forward to seeing the French Quarters, we are going a couple days ahead to check it all out.

i stayed at the embassy suites 2 years ago for the mardi gras. it was a great location not right in the middle of the madness but easy access. we walked to the french district daily no problems. i also found the rooms good quality. very clean and was nice having a seperate lounge. have fun. im back for the arcadias sailing in december and cant wat to return to NO.

Archived