Room Service Booze

janred

Has anyone any recent info on cost and availability of buying bottles of liquor from room service?

Some ships (Princess) had a designated bar that would sell you bottles for you stateroom use.

Wondered about Celebrity since they don't allow you to bring your own.

TKS.

Go to the purser's desk and request a liquor package -- they're the same packages available on the X website (and the same prices).

They will have a gift booklet you can look over, then you can select the bottle you want - the price includes six cans of soda of your choice, as well as a selection of premium nuts.

I purchased a liter-size bottle of Dewar's scotch at the purser's desk on my second day of the cruise - the cost was $60, it was delivered to my cabin within the hour and was charged to my shipboard account.

Happy sailing.:)

OK, I understand that you can purchase the packages however, what if one only wants to purchase the liquor without the rest?

There are some of us that only mix our liquor with ice and really have no need or desire for the mixers. As janred mentioned, that is a possibility on other lines.

Does anyone have a definitive answer on this question?

Thanks

Jed

for a ltr of Dewars that they sell in the DFS for $15. Sure sounds like a rip off to me!

The difference being that you cannot take back to your cabin a bottle that you purchase in DFS. They deliver it to you only on the night before you dock.

When I considered the alternative of spending $60 on 6 or 7 drinks at a lounge (that automatic 15% gratuity really adds up!), I figured the 12 or 15 drinks I could get out of a liter bottle sent up through room service to be quite a savings.

And sorry, to my knowledge, the bottle you purchase through the front desk is sold as a package-deal only.

We bought the package(s) and asked for 12 diet cokes. We drink martini's, but like DC during the day. Never ordered a soft drink I am proud to say - those can really can add - and no real benefits! We did not come close to finishing our liquor (grey Goose and Bombay Sapphire) so we brought home the rest no problem. BTW, we were brought vermouth and olives, no charge, through our butler/room steward. We also borrowed a shaker and martini glasses. Have fun but don't let the in room cocktails keep you from the fun of the martini bar - or tasting your food at dinner time (personal experience.)

Archived