Is there Electrical Outlet in Cabana?

drdaddy

Hi, all. Leaving in a few days for our 10 day Volendam trip. We have the Pink cabana booked. I recently bought a speaker system for my Ipod with all my Caribbean music on it but it only works with electric, no batteries! I read on another post there are no outlets available? Can anyone confirm whether or not this is correct? (Bought the speakers just for this trip!)

Thanks.

Yes there is power, because the there is an AC system that blows cooler air over the area and a fridge, but....I'm not sure of the the plug configuration or the voltage, nor do I remember seeing any kind of plug in area.

The plug configuration is general US configuration. IIRC the sockets will be above the counter, I did not have to work hard to use my speaker system. It worked out great, actually.

For drdaddy...

Rob, I believe it is my "post" that made you a bit nervous about the outlets in the cabana. By the way, congrats on getting the PINK one...that's the one that we SOOOO enjoyed!

I took MANY pictures of our time in PINK PARADISE and will look through them again to see if I can find any outlets in the PINK CABANA. It was a question I asked of the Cruise Critic folks prior to our departure and I was informed that there WEREN'T any outlets in the cabanas. Consequently, I made sure I had enough batteries for my CD player so I could listen to my "special" Caribbean & Sailing music. I'll try to post any pictures that might help you "see" inside the PINK cabana tomorrow. I didn't see any outlets that I could have plugged my "system" into within the PINK cabana. I don't know if any of the lower numbered cabanas (the ones closer to the main buildings) had any outlets.

I know you'll enjoy your time "IN THE PINK"!

Debjo

Rob,

I decided to burn some "midnight oil" and find those pictures for you...they are attached below.

As a bit of explanation...the first one shows the top of the counterspace located on the back wall. There is a decorative backsplash along the top of the counter, which you may be able to distinguish as the curvy white board behind some of our "stuff".

The second, third, and fourth pictures show the cupboards below with the doors opened. The second picture shows the refrigerator...the third picture shows the shelving where we put more of our "stuff"...and the fourth picture shows where the trash barrel is located. Sorry, but I can't see any outlets in any of these shots. I thought there might be an outlet underneath the countertop in one of the cupboards when I saw the cord running down from the air-conditioner...but there aren't any outlets to be seen in either the cupboard with the shelves or in the one where the trash barrel was located. If you take a close look at the fifth picture, you'll see a cable coming out of the lower left hand corner on the back of the cabana...I believe that this is where everything is "hard-wired" in.

Hope this helps you better in your PINK CABANA planning. Have a terrific time on your Volendam cruise!

Debjo

3917552_2006WDAMHMCPinkCabanaInsideDetail1.JPG.f839286c64f4bb76e0c5a68d26ca4f77.JPG

1366043408_2006WDAMHMCPinkCabanaInsideDetail2.JPG.051f1cdb46332164e04b6e3e4c7440dd.JPG

1879079084_2006WDAMHMCPinkCabanaInsideDetail3.JPG.2a3554a90b9aab56647299cd0defb296.JPG

1548579447_2006WDAMHMCPinkCabanaInsideDetail4.JPG.a244095d559ae97582f9ef373097ab61.JPG

140461855_2006WDAMHMCPinkCabanaOutsideBackDetail.JPG.ef4ecd5cf83a995a4e2b6b3a87a5b027.JPG

I would just advise you to be very careful with the volume settings. People in the adjacent cabanas or walking along the beach may not appreciate your Caribbean music as much as you think they might!

You bet your bippy I would be irritated if someone with speakers made it impossible for us to enjoy the peaceful sound of the waves, wind and nature. We are in the green cabana and selected that one as it is farther away from the crowds, and we are hoping to avoid artificial noise.

For Little Feet...

Trust me, we realized that not "all" would be keen on hearing our CD island music and took special care to keep the volume loud enough so that it could only be heard in our cabana and didn't have the music going all day long. With two ships at HMC the day of our time in paradise, the "noise" of the beach crowd definitely drowned out the sounds of the gentle lapping of the waves on the shore along with the sea gulls. We found "paradise" lovely from the three walls of our cabana and from the deep waters that we swam in. The areas of the beach that were occupied by the loungers and folks occupying the clam shells was an area filled with the "white noise" of people enjoying themselves. The breezes that came off the water pushed the cacophony of everyone's enjoyment inland. Despite the overcrowding, everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and the wonders of HMC.

I sincerely hope that you'll have the privilege of HAL's private island to yourselves by being the only ship anchored off shore that day. I'm glad this was our first visit to HMC, so I didn't have any point of reference in being at the island with one, two, or three ships before. I can only expect that the next time we go, we'll enjoy it even more if we happen to be the only ship tendering to "paradise".

Debjo

Debjo, thanks so much for taking the time to post those pictures. I agree, they do not show any outlet. I emailed ships services and they said there WAS an outlet available for a personal electonic device. I bought the JBL system and it only is electric because it has some really decent sound, not only a little bass. It also recharges the iPod so it is a good unit and I got a good price.

We are already a member of the Pink brigade. We went "Pink" last year and chose it again because it was a little isolated but now with the new colors, things will be a little cozy this time. But, we are on Volendam and we are the only ship there. Last time it was Zuiderdam and the island did not feel crowded at all. With at least 800 passengers less, it will really feel like a personal getaway.

Last time we did bring small speakers with batteries. It was not loud at all. I probably will just bring it and if it works, cool. If not, honestly, I probably turned it off after awhile. We have the butler and the day just flew by.

Thanks again for the pictures.

drdaddy - We were on HMC the same day as Debjo....we were in the yellow cabana. We could not find and did not have an outlet to use. Everything was hardwired underneath the cabana.

For Little Feet...

Trust me, we realized that not "all" would be keen on hearing our CD island music and took special care to keep the volume loud enough so that it could only be heard in our cabana and didn't have the music going all day long. With two ships at HMC the day of our time in paradise, the "noise" of the beach crowd definitely drowned out the sounds of the gentle lapping of the waves on the shore along with the sea gulls. We found "paradise" lovely from the three walls of our cabana and from the deep waters that we swam in. The areas of the beach that were occupied by the loungers and folks occupying the clam shells was an area filled with the "white noise" of people enjoying themselves. The breezes that came off the water pushed the cacophony of everyone's enjoyment inland. Despite the overcrowding, everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and the wonders of HMC.

I sincerely hope that you'll have the privilege of HAL's private island to yourselves by being the only ship anchored off shore that day. I'm glad this was our first visit to HMC, so I didn't have any point of reference in being at the island with one, two, or three ships before. I can only expect that the next time we go, we'll enjoy it even more if we happen to be the only ship tendering to "paradise".

Debjo

It is lovely to be the only ship at HMC. We have been there 4 times, but never with any other ships....guess we have been lucky. The cabana experience is so relaxing. After a swim, I napped on the porch lounger, ate a little lunch and swam again. Such a peaceful day but gone in a flash....only to reside in our memory. Hope you get there again soon!

I did not mean to sound snippy.....I just love the tranquil R & R that HMC provides.

For Little Feet...

Have no fears...no "snippiness" was detected in your post. I believe that everyone should keep in mind that there are other people around you all the time...and just because I might be having fun-it doesn't mean that my "fun" eminates to those around me. A kind of "walk a mile in other's shoes" philosophy.

I look forward to our next HAL Caribbean cruise and another stop by HMC someday. I'd really like to experience that slice of paradise being the sole ship anchored in the bay...especially since I loved it so much when we shared the island with the Amsterdam.

Thanks for sharing your HMC joy with me.

Debjo

Archived