Bestwestern Mainland Inn-Galveston Cruise

ClerkPatsy

Has anyone ever stayed at the Bestwestern Mainland in Texas City, TX for your pre-cruise stay from Galveston?

I'm wondering if it's clean, close, and safe? I called and they said the building was only about 1 1/2 years old. The price is not that cheap, so I'm expecting somewhat nice (for a lowerer-end chain hotel) and clean!

Thanks for your comments :)

ClerkPatsy....Haven't stayed there but that motel is fairly new, in a safe area and is very convenient to I-45. There is also at least one other motel at that freeway exit and there are LOTS of motels just to the north at both the Bay Area Blvd. and the NASA Road #1 exits off I-45. All of these locations are +/-30 minutes north of Galveston and the cruise terminal. Are you driving into the area?

ClerkPatsy....Haven't stayed there but that motel is fairly new, in a safe area and is very convenient to I-45. There is also at least one other motel at that freeway exit and there are LOTS of motels just to the north at both the Bay Area Blvd. and the NASA Road #1 exits off I-45. All of these locations are +/-30 minutes north of Galveston and the cruise terminal. Are you driving into the area?

Yes, I'll be driving in. It's about a 3 1/2 - 4 hour drive from my house to the Galveston port. Just need an overnight stay because of mom-in-law. She doesn't travel in cars very well. :rolleyes:

Since you are driving in, either area would work for you. The Texas City location is adjacent to a fairly large mall with Macy's and Dillards and is across the freeway from the Dog Track, if that interests you. There are also several chain restaurants in the immediate area. There is a very large mall at I-45 and Bay Area Blvd. and lots of restaurants in that area. If you want a bit more of a tourist experience, you might want to check out the Kemah Boardwalk area at NASA Road #1 and Hwy 146 (www.kemahboardwalk.com) Have a great cruise!

Archived