Silvermoon-good for people who don't snorkel?

swtjen

I am currently booked on the Silvermoon I for our cruise in January. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about this excursion--but am wondering if this is something that would be enjoyed by someone who doesn't do alot of snorkeling?:eek:

I can't tell exactly what your concern is. Do you not snorkel at all? Or just not very experienced?

If you don't snorkel at all: We went on the SM II in September, and my partner did not snorkel but he still really enjoyed the day. When we stopped to snorkel with the turtles, he got in the water - sans mask - and could still see most of what we saw while snorkeling as the water is very clear, not very deep, and the turtles stay very near the surface as they were being fed. From on board, he also could just look down and see a lot. Of course, he couldn't see the fish we saw on the reef and such, but it was far from a wasted day for him.

If you haven't done a lot of snorkeling, but know how - or want to snorkel and need to know if it's good/easy - yes, it's pretty easy (the waters were quite calm where we were), and very good - lots of fish both near the surface, and deeper down.

A bad day on a beautiful catamaran will always trump a good day at work. Go, and enjoy yourself. I hope that helps. If you have a more specific question, just ask. :)

when we went , there were several people that didn't snorkel...they were still able to see all the turtles and fish swimming around...

the catamaran "ride" is so much fun and the lunch is terrific!!

don't worry, you will enjoy yourself !! :)

Marsha

Archived