Very Specific Question About Computer in Jewel Owner's Suite

driker2

Very Specific Question About the Computer in the Jewel Owner's Suite: We are actually booked onto the Pearl next year but I understand that the Jewel and the Pearl are near-clones. I am told that there is a computer installed in the Owner's Suite. Can anyone with actual experience with that O/S computer on the Jewel answer this question?

Does the installed computer have any capabilities other than simple web browsing. We have a subscription to download audio books from a specific website. A USB port is needed to transfer the download to a hand-held listening device. Is there a USB port on that machine?

I am guessing that the answer will be "No". If that is the case, is there the capability in the Owner's Suite of connecting one's own laptop for Internet access?

Standard laptop with USB ports. Are they enabled ? Don't know. If you need to load any software to transfer the files I would think that would be the largest obstacle. Bring your own Laptop ethernet ports in all cabins on the Jewel.

Keep in mind the shared satellite bandwidth is not like broadband at home. More like a very good dial up connection. Downloading 5 MB of mail sometimes took 20 minutes plus.

Archived