Mo'Bay Excursions for older tourists?

cmkspk

My DH, our 8 year old daughter and I are traveling with my in-laws in November on the Conquest to Montego Bay and are looking for excursion ideas. Although they are a young and spry 70 year old couple, my in-laws are not interested in doing any water or extreme excursions. Need some tame excursion ideas please...not too pricey or too long in a bus if at all possible. I was considering Sunset Beach, but I don't think it would be that much fun for them unless they could find a resting area underneath an umbrella where they could read or something.

Martha Brae rafting is pretty tame... there are lovely gardens in Ocho but too long a ride IMHO even if they are offered as a tour.. Rose Hall Great House has some gorgeous antiques and an interesting history! I've done that and it's not too long a ride -- it was about 10 years ago but it can't have changed that much

we have done the rockland bird sanctuary, which is just minutes from the terminal. you can see some of my pics at: http://www.oldmedic.smugmug.com we booked it through barrett adventures at http://www.barrettadventures.com I am sure she has appropriate activities available if you would like to contact her. Jamaica is gorgeous if you have the right guide and they know where to go!!!

We were in Montego Bay in March and I had the same concerns about my mother. I wanted something interesting but not too strenuous. So, I booked a tour with Marva Shaw. She was basically open to whatever we wanted to do, so we toured the island, went to Rose Hall Great House, had lunch at a local jerk restaurant, and went shopping in an area away from the crowds. We had our own tour bus, driver and tour guide. We really enjoyed it.

Archived