Freestyle Dining Ashore - Bermuda

Pootersmom

A co-worker of mine (who unfortunately didn't have the good sense to sign up for Cruise Critic) is going on the Majesty this weekend to Bermuda from Charleston. When he told me, I jumped onto the Critic to read some reviews to him (I have been trying to get him on here since his LAST cruise. He never listens to me!)....Anyway, in the review someone mentioned that NCL offered a Freestyle Dining Ashore option in Bermuda and he became very excited about this saying he didn't know anything about it. I have to confess....I am a traditional dining nut.......so I couldn't offer any information either. Does anybody here know anything about this and if so, would you be so kind as to share? I am SURE my co-worker would be most appreciative. And to think...he is going to miss out on a great meet-n-mingle party!

We've sailed on the Majesty seven times (from Boston) to Bermuda. NCL offers a "dining ashore" program on the Majesty and Crown cruises. Basically, you're issued a lunch voucher, for which you are charged $5 per passenger to your on board account. This voucher is good for $25 towards lunch at restaurants listed in the brochure which will be included with the vouchers. Some restaurants serve from a set menu, others allow you to choose from anything off the menu. Restaurants include Carriage House and White Horse Tavern in St. George's, Frog & Onion, Hogpenny Pub, Tom Moore's Tavern, several others elsewhere in Bermuda. You can exchange this voucher (for a cost of $10, instead of $5) for a dinner vouchers, which entitles you to $50 off dinner (per person). If you don't use the voucher, you must turn it in to the Purser's desk by a certain day and time (I believe it's noon on the day the ship sails from Bermuda, but this will also be outlined in the literature received with the vouchers). This is a GREAT deal, and well worth the $5 or $10 to dine at one of the great restaurants in Bermuda! I would encourage your co-worker to take advantage of this program! And of course, enjoy the Majesty -- AND Bermuda! Our favorite place!!:p

We went in August and had intended to use the vouchers for lunch at the White Horse in St Georges. However, the menu you have to choose from is very limited. So, we ordered off of the regular menu and used the vouchers for lunch the next day at the Frog and Onion in Dockyards. Much better selection, the food was great, and they even had a 'beer sampler' that gave you a small (about 6 oz) glass of (I think) 6 different locally brewed beers. That alone was awesome! I love my Frog and Onion tshirt too! LOL

A co-worker of mine (who unfortunately didn't have the good sense to sign up for Cruise Critic) is going on the Majesty this weekend to Bermuda from Charleston. When he told me, I jumped onto the Critic to read some reviews to him (I have been trying to get him on here since his LAST cruise. He never listens to me!)....Anyway, in the review someone mentioned that NCL offered a Freestyle Dining Ashore option in Bermuda and he became very excited about this saying he didn't know anything about it. I have to confess....I am a traditional dining nut.......so I couldn't offer any information either. Does anybody here know anything about this and if so, would you be so kind as to share? I am SURE my co-worker would be most appreciative. And to think...he is going to miss out on a great meet-n-mingle party!

The dine a shore program allows you to purchase a voucher for $5 which is good at several restaurants in Bermuda. You receive a booklet which lets you know which places accept the vouchers. Some places allow you to pick any thing off the menu and others have a set menu for the NCL Dine A Shore program. These vouchers are good up to $25 at lunch. The vouchers can be upgraded for dinner. Those vouchers are $10 and good up to $50. It's an awesome program. If you do choose not to use them (why anyone doesn't us them is beyond me) you need to turn them in or you will be charged $5 each. One voucher per adult passenger.

Hope this helps

Susan

Just a note -

We used our lunch vouchers at the Carriage House in St. George's and were disappointed. The food wasn't that spectacular (better on the ship) and the service/attitude wasn't up to what we'd read about here. We did get to order off the regular menu and $25 each was applied to the bill. Drinks (including cappuccino altho that's not mentioned in the paperwork) were not included and were extra.

Archived