Carnival Crewmembers

DJ Eddy

There seems to be a fair number of crewmembers who post on this board. I think this is a good thing, especially since I have been told (more rumours and hearsay than from the powers that be) not to go on cruise critic as I am aware of some crew/staff members getting completely slated on here, I have seen it cause major upset to a couple of the staff.

Power to the crewmembers!!!!! :D

Well, I hope that your experience with CC is a GREAT one!. It would so interesting if the other crew members would introduce themselves & tell us about their jobs onboard their ships.:)

I hope you are enjoying your tim home. Any exciting stuff happening??:D

HAPPY CRUISING!!

What is "slated"? I'm assuming it's not a good thing.

I too would LOVE to hear from crewmembers! Where you're from....what's your job like....do you enjoy it, etc.

Talk to us! :D

I agree "slated" must be a bad thing since he was warned not to come on CC and it has caused some upset. :(

DJ... are you going to be on the Liberty in March?

I think it's a good thing for crew to see places like this. It helps you understand where some passengers are coming from, and you can help explain things to passengers when something happens or is done and noone knows why.

I also belong to a ren fair BB with many ren actors, it helps them to know people at the faires and it means people know to look for them after chatting on the BBs.

I know I would be more partial to going someplace if I "knew" a crewmember there just because it would seem more friendly to me.

Well guys, I did introduce myself previously in another thread. I did find it funny that you looked up "slated", it's just a saying that I use quite regularly but you guys don't seem to have heard of it before lol.

I have heard of passengers talking badly about crewmembers on here was my meaning in the first post, I have seen a couple of people in tears after reading comments posted on here. For this reason my CD & ACD advised us not to go onto this website as something posted on here may upset us. I'm as hard as nails so I can take it if anyone slates me lol but in all seriousness I wanted to join so that I can give a crewmember's point of view, especially a crewmember from a different country.

I have noticed though that there are a few other crewmembers who post on here and I think that's a good thing. That way any complaint, incident or question we may be able to shed some light on.

Hi Eddy, and welcome to the boards. Your comments surprise me, because I think for the most part, folks on this board are very happy with the crew members in general. I've read only a very few negative reports about [isolated] cases involving crew members.

Time and again, I've said that Carnival staff and crew are the nicest, friendliest, and most helpful of any line I've sailed. Stay and play with us - most of us don't bite!:D

I agree with Cotton...we love our staff and crew!! However, I know where you are coming from. I have a friend that is an ACD and I talked with him about some of the comments on here that were not positive that he had read.

I advised him to read all the comments with a grain of salt because (after all) they are just personal opinion. But I told him to use this board to glean the wheat (constructive critiques that could help him be better at his chosen profession) and ignore the chaff (husks) that are just the ravings of someone sitting on a starfish!

He too has a thick skin, but you know he is only human and sometimes comments hurt...especially when you know they are not true.

Hi Eddy, I haven't posted in a while but just wanted to say that all the Carnival empoyee's that we met on board were awsome! Very kind and went out of their way to do anything to make our cruise the best. We love to sail Carnival.

P.S. I hope you get some rest on your time off.

Welcome! We look forward to your perspective on things! Though there are things you know we might not want to know - kinda like sausage - we love how it tastes, but not so much want to know how it's made! ;)

Looking forward to your comments! :D

Happy Halloween and warm welcome to CC :D .

We just got off the fantasy out of NO. It was fabulous and the crew was outstanding. I really loved our dining room crew this time and everyone was very friendly and helpful. We love carnival :0. I will be glad to see crews perspectives as behind scenes goings on can explain a lot that we don't understand and vica versa..great combo IMHO.

glwel3.gif

Hi Eddy,

I have only cruised 1x so far but I can not understand how anyone could be negative about any of the staff. My expierence on the Triumph was absolutely wonderful. I think some people just like to complain about anything & everything. People in any service industry are human & have good & bad days, if they are not as nice as they should be during our encounter maybe they are having bad day for whatever reason. I truely believe most people in the service industry are there because they like being with people. So if you run across any negative comments take them with with a grain of salt & consider the source... ;)

Welcome Eddie. I think it is great for the crew members to be here. Things happen ane we may see them as a negative because we do not understand how things work in your world. This way a simple explaination may turn that negative into a positive.

Stick around for a while. We are not all bad people.

There seems to be a fair number of crewmembers who post on this board. I think this is a good thing, especially since I have been told (more rumours and hearsay than from the powers that be) not to go on cruise critic as I am aware of some crew/staff members getting completely slated on here, I have seen it cause major upset to a couple of the staff.

Power to the crewmembers!!!!! :D

I can understand the crewmembers point. Someone once posted here about having on a cruise critic shirt and having alot of people comming up to them on the ship and telling them there problems. A cruise is as much about fun as it is about atmosphere. I tip my cap to the crewmembers. When I get on a ship, they are so happy you would think that this is there first cruise, but the reality is that they do this week after week. You get your money's worth on a cruise.

Never having cruised before, I appreciate all opinions, as it gives me a more unbiased view on which to base my decisions & opinions:) I hope you will continue to post here & look forward to reading all posts good or bad from cc members & crew alike!:D

Welcome to CruiseCritic. I am glad you are willing to read and post along with us. As Cotton said these boards are just like the real world with a lot of good people and some that sometimes aren't so good. You have to weed through some of the garbage to get the good stuff :) . I hope that with your experience and behind the scenes knowledge that you will be able to add a lot to these boards.

Cruise Critic posters make up a small percentage of cruise enthusiasts, but they are a pretty good sample. There are the casual fans, interested parties, avid cruises, cheerleaders, grumblers, people with great experiences and people with poor experiences. Cruise Directors are more likely to receive criticism than other entertainers. Most issues with crew are very minor and overall quite positive. This is a fine place for most shippies to peruse if they have time, but as in all online communities they shouldn't take things too personally. There is always the chance that someone out there behind the veil of presumed anonynimity is willing to take things too far. Thankfully, the moderators here are quite observant.

Cheers!

Welcome DJ Eddy! I too think it's great that your here. On a few of my cruises the staff was wonderfully professional but i left feeling like they could be friends if they jioned in alittle more, like on some of my other cruises where the staff although still professional joined in and had fun with us. Sooo I'm glad you joined in here, have fun with us;)

And just to sit on a high horse for a minute

"listen to critisism, take it for what it's worth, use what you can and discard the rest"

Be Well! MAO

I am glad that crew members read and post here. They can see what the guests like and dislike. Hopefully, they will see their names posted here.

Just to let any crew member that reads my post know, me, myself and I dislike being removed from the ship just because YOU ALL SAY IT'S OVER!!!:eek:

I am glad that crew members read and post here. They can see what the guests like and dislike. Hopefully, they will see their names posted here.

Just to let any crew member that reads my post know, me, myself and I dislike being removed from the ship just because YOU ALL SAY IT'S OVER!!!:eek:

*LMAO* :D I agree! Why can't WE decide when it's over. I could have really used another couple of days on my cruise last month.

*high fives to Marty*

p.s. just kidding DJeddie!

Welcome, had you posted before dh and I cruised on the Fantasy I would have stopped by to say hi. I loved our cruise and everyone that took time to make sure we had a wonderful experience. If you see Mario (from Jubilee) or Lilia (our room steward) tell them we said Hi and have been bragging on them.

I agree that the worst part was being told I had to get off the ship and go home. I wonder if we could just move in and cruise our life away. hehehee Please share with us all what life onboard is like. I couldn't imagine being happy/excited every day like the staff must do in order to make us, the passengers, happy. It's a hard job and they seem to do it very well.

As mentioned, CC members are a good sampling of your customer/guest base. You cannot please everyone all the time. The seasoned cruisers have been spoiled by their own spectacular or bad experiences and all other cruises are set to that caliber for comparison. Remember, this board can be a steam reliever for a frustrated cruiser on the ship at the moment, so their lashing out is an outlet for that frustration. I have been guilty of that in the past, the feeling of being confined in the midle of nowhere compounds the frustration so the first reaction is not always kind.

I would let you fellow crew mates that a letter to the Company holds more weight than a fast blast from here.

Thanks for doing what you do and keep up the great work. We know that a cruise job is not always smooth sailing! (pun intended)

Archived