Cabins 1392 and 1688 on Explorer and Cape liberty question

misha1

We were in cabin 1688 on the Explorer in 2004. It was bigger but the thing we didn't like was we got a lot of soot on the balcony from the smoke stacks. Also, the balcony was partially covered. Personally, I think aft cabins are overrated--I prefer a balcony or suite on either the port or starboard side of the ship. The best aft balcony I've seen was on Celebrity Constellation--corners on Sky, Vista, and Panorama decks. The balconies are big enough to hold a large party on!

Sorry I tried to post on your thread but it won't load for me. If you go to Bonney Voyager's page at webshots.com she has pictures of both of those cabins. She's spent alot of time compliling a whole web site with aft cain pictures. Link below.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/48328219CtbGLi

We had 1390 and 92 on Explorer.Actually liked 1390 better.A little more sun and the balcony seemed a little bigger.The week we went it was during a hurricane(sept8)and yes it was a rocky ride and yes you do feel more in the aft.Did i like the aft cabins yes.would i go out of my way to book them again,probably not.I know 1388 the corner cabin next to us had some major flooding problems the week we went so hopefully thats straightened out.Enjoy your cruise.

Archived