Table question -- Do you like to sit next to window or in the middle of the room?

CVL105

Where do you like to sit in the dining room?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you like to sit in the dining room?

• Next to the window
    • In the middle of the dining room - away from the window
    • Doesn't matter to me as long as I get to eat the yummy food

Thought it would be interesting to see if people like to sit next to the window, in the middle of the room, or simply don't care.

I've been seated next to the window on my first two cruises and love it. To me, there's nothing like looking out the window while eating and seeing the ocean float by. Especially when we were in Alaska and we watched whales swim by as we ate.

What is your preference and why?

Also, is there any way of requesting a window table? Or is it luck of the draw?

Last spring, we had our first window at dinner. The kids loved it! They were 8 and 4 at the time, and in awe of the whole experience. We saw some dolphins one night just as the sun was setting. It was beautiful!

I like having a window table for b'fast and lunch in the dining room. However, for the evening meal I much prefer being in the middle, preferably at a large round table. The most folks, the better the conversation...and you can 'see' everyone at the table as opposed to having to look around others at a rectangle by the windows.

I too prefer the round tables for conversation. Sitting near a window was very nice, but I enjoy getting to know other people and so sitting in the center was fun for dinner. I did love sitting out on our balcony and watching the ocean - night and day!

We usually have lunch and breakfast on the Lido Deck - sometimes all the way in the back of the ship near the rear windows.

For dinner, we loved our table on the LEgend.... a table in the middle on the second level.. overlooking the first level. There was lots of things to see - and plenty of happy faces around.

Catrin

I prefer the middle. Then I can listen to more people's conversations. Howver, if a certain poster were at my table, I'd just order room service! ;)

OMG! That is so funny! I feel EXACTLY the same way.

(keep watching, the other one will be here shortly too) :eek:

This is the best post yet! I'm still laughing!

BTW, I prefer the middle tables also :p

definately the window!!! On both of my cruises that I have been on I have lucked out and had a nice big window at the back of the ship. We always choose the early seating for dinner and every nite I would bring my camera to take a pic of sunset, but everytime I would miss it. This cruise I am not talking the first evening so I can get that picture and least ONCE!!

Hi everyone,

I prefer a sit in the middle of the room so I can see what is going on. During breakfast and lunch i like the window but at dinner middle all the way. I also prefer a booth for four. I sometimes can not handle a big table of people so let me just meet two people at one time. This also allows me to really get to know my wait staff. I just got back home from the Glory and the wait staff was excellent. i had Chris and Chon in the Golden dining room table 171!!

Archived