Just home from the Elation 10/23/06 (long review!)

seashell36

We were off the ship and ready to drive at 9:15. It would have been probably 10 minutes or so earlier if it hadn't been raining. DS had on sandals and was trying not to get his feet wet. Then he slipped and fell, so we had to stop and check out the boo-boo!:D

Buzzfan: The build a bear activity started out at $16.99. My kids added a sound chip and a shirt. Theirs were $24 each I think.

Here is what I can remember about the food: I tried the Neptune Platter, Lobster and Prime Rib (yum!), BBQ ribs the first night were good, broiled salmon, and seafood newberg. My favorite had to be the Lobster. My least favorite was probably the salmon - not really flavorful. We tried several starters - french onion soup was great, the shrimp cocktail comes with 4 shrimp (waiter would bring DD & DH an extra one to split), pumpkin soup was yum, both of the kids enjoyed the fresh fruit appetizer (usually had watermelon, mango, strawberry, kiwi, and nectarine), and the chilled strawberry soup was good,too.

Except for some disppointment with the Dining Room and debarkation process, I can easily agree with Seashell's positive thoughts on this cruise. (even after all of our Roll Call posting before the cruise, we still never got to meet!) We really enjoyed it as well. Using self-debarkation we were able to ride the car rental shuttle, rent a car, drive to Orlando airport, return the car, ride the car rental shuttle to the airport, arrived by 1040am and made a 1205pm flight. The car rental was $29 one-way and if you get a compact and baby the gas pedal, the gas gauge will still be on "F" when you arrive. The biggest frustration was the 30-minute wait to get through security at the Orlando airport.

Our cruise pics are at:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/jakglenn

Except for some disppointment with the Dining Room and debarkation process, I can easily agree with Seashell's positive thoughts on this cruise. (even after all of our Roll Call posting before the cruise, we still never got to meet!) We really enjoyed it as well. Using self-debarkation we were able to ride the car rental shuttle, rent a car, drive to Orlando airport, return the car, ride the car rental shuttle to the airport, arrived by 1040am and made a 1205pm flight. The car rental was $29 one-way and if you get a compact and baby the gas pedal, the gas gauge will still be on "F" when you arrive. The biggest frustration was the 30-minute wait to get through security at the Orlando airport.

Our cruise pics are at:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/jakglenn

Wow! Great pictures! Thanks! We were on the Elation in 2001 and will be on the same cruise you took on Nov. 25/06. The upgrades look good. What a disappointment when you book oceanview and get portholes, eh? I made sure we got windows this time. What was your disappointment with the debarkation? Sounds like you got off quickly enough to make your flight. Could you have gotten off earlier if not for problems? I'm asking because we plan to do the same on our Nov.25 cruise so any tips or info would be appreciated. Are the car rental shuttles waiting or do you have to call for one to pick you up? Did you rent from Budget as it is the closest to pier? Thanks in advance for any info.

That is the same itenerary that it is sailing this week. One of the couple's from our roll call board is doing a back to back cruise. I would say, since the CD is the same, the activities would be the same.

The meals are on a rotating schedule on all the ships. So, your meals may be different from ours. If you search menus on the main Carnival board you can find a list of all the dinners they serve. I know I enjoy looking at all the yummy food at thinking what would I eat!:rolleyes:

We are going to do the dolphin encounter in Nassau and I wondered what time we have to meet for the excursion. I am hoping for some time for shopping if possible. Thanks

I checked the excursion list - if it is the Dolphin Encounter at Blue Lagoon it starts at 8am and is listed as being 3.5 hours long. A lot of the shopping is very near the pier, so you should still have some time to shop after your excursion.

Archived