Question about transferring a Booking/Deposit

pmymmw

Hi,

We are booked on the 12th May 2007 sailing on RCCL's Splendour of the Seas.

We are thinking of changing to the 26th May 2007 sailing on Celebrity's Century so our friends (who are teachers) can join us. Has anybody had any experience of transferring a booking between RCCL and Celebrity? Will I loose my desposit or can I transfer it to the new booking? (bear in mind that we are in the UK and I don't know if the terms and conditions are different here).

Thanks for the help.

Mark

Hi Mark :D

Yes booking conditions are different here...and normally we lose our deposit or there are charges if moving dates/ships within even the same company ...as in RCCI ship to another RCCI ship.But moving to Celeb ship from RCCI ship, that I dont know about sorry.:o

Best bet would be to ask your TA or RCCI UK depending on who you booked with.

Good luck

I believe if you keep your booking # and make the change, you won't loose any perks, onboard credit or deposit.

The trick is to keep the initial booking #.

The OP wants to cancel on one cruise line and book on another. Even though they are owned by the same parent company, the booking numbers will not be the same.

The OP wants to cancel on one cruise line and book on another. Even though they are owned by the same parent company, the booking numbers will not be the same.

Actually the same booking no. that the OP has received on RCCL will be transferred and used on Celebrity, not a problem and happens all of the time. How do I know, we've done it.

Just make sure that the booking is simply transferred and not cancelled and rebooked, that way any OBC's won't be lost.

Archived