Low Key Beach Day Salines

Fleetwood

Hello,

My wife and I will be on the Sun Princess in January and would like to take a trip to the beach and I have read that Salines is very nice.

Can anyone offer info on how far of a trip it is and the cost( as I assume a cab would be able to take us there), and any services available (hotel, washrooms, and such)? We are looking for a low key beach day, maybe a chair to rent, and a bite to eat and getting back to the ship an hour or so before sailing.

Thanks for the help

• 3 weeks later...

There is a ferry near the cruise dock that will take you to Les Salines. I've heard it's the best beach to go to there. We were going to go but unfortunately opted to go to a closer beach (Anse Mitan) which was extreemly ugly. The ferry, according to our excurision desk can take you to Les Salines in 45 min. Our ferry to Anse mitan took about min and the cost for that was $6 US per person round trip, so that ferry would be more I'm sure. I think a cab there might take longer but not sure. I heard from some that did go there that it was definately worth the trip. Whatever you do- don't go to Anse Mitan! Another good tip that I heard was... Don't pay for round trip, pay one way only, that way you won't have to wait for your own ferry to come back. If you pay for the round trip you'll have to wait for your own ferry, and there is more than one company. That's probably true of Les Saline as well.

Archived