just got back fro POH OCT 31

cruisingisforme

HI everyone,

Very quickly as I am very tired from the the flight, Hawaii to Toronto is long and tirersome.

WE sailed Oct 23 - 30. Had a great time. Food was good to excellant, room was clean, staff very friendly. Hawaii, as everyone on this site has said is just awsome. So pituresque, so green, so many beautiful flowers. Incrediable. We only saw a couple of shows, they were so so. The magician comendiene (spelling) Scott Alexander was terrific. I will write a more detailed review when I get some proper sleep.

If you are worried don't be, the cruise is fine. What a terrific way to see the islands.

You can ask any questions.

C:)

Hey Ottawa Guy,

October is a great time for Hawaii as the weather is great and low humdity.

We rented a car for every port and we thought that was a great way to see Hawaii without the expense. I did speak to a few people who took the tours and most like them but those costs can add up. We saw a lot of the islands and had fun doing it. The beaches are so nice. Any parks that we went to all had washrooms, not always soap to wash hands but they all had a water spout outside to wash the sand off your feet. That was terrific. THere were picnic benches as well so we had a picnic every time. We took fresh fruit and muffins from the ship so it was a cheap "meal". WE always had a good beakfast and dinner so the light lunch suited us just fine.

The weather was great except the last day in Kaui as it drizzled and was foggy. We wwere still able to sail past the Na Poli coast, and it did clear up fo us to see the coastline. It was awsome. So rugged and green and because it was rainy you could see the waterfalls. That was a bonus. LIke a sceneout of Jurassic Park.

We all agreed (2 couples) we want to go back. The one thing I take from the trip is the Hawiians are so pleasant, kind, friendly, considerate, you name it they made the vacation. NO matter where they worked you always felt welcome. What a wonderful feeling.

Happy sailing.

It's GREAT to hear such positive remarks. We are on the POH 12/18/06 departure. The positive comments really help to get me pumped. I have a tendancy to look at the UP side of everyting so I can't wait to hear your full review. Get some rest and post when you get the chance!!

cruising,

Glad to hear your trip was great. We are going on 1/22/07, coming up fast! I have just a few questions for you. On which islands did you have to tender? How long did it take to get off the ship?

Thank you for your help.

Hi Chuckie,

You only have to tender for Kona. Not a problem at all. We rented a car from Thrifty which is just in the hotel, Hotel Kamenhana (spelling) which is just at the pier. Very easy. We rented the car for 9:30 am and we had no problem getting off. This is the island we here we snorkeled and saw sea turtles. Lots of colourful fish. Really neat. All shapes all sizes. Fabulous time.

I will do my review this weekend. I wished we would of been there later to see the whales. They are there Dec - April. We did see the sea turtles (or green turtles) and Monk seals. I did see some dolphins when we were viewing the Na Poli coast but it was for just a moment. Still really neat.

cruising ,

Thank you for your answer, it's nice that there is only one need to tender. The snorkeling sounds fabulous. Did you go from a boat or from the shore? Where? We should be able to see some whales in Jan. I think we are going to do a Whale watching tour so as not to miss them. Did you rent a car in every port? In retrospect, did you feel it was worthwhile in all ports, or could you have done without rentals in some? We want to get the most our of each port, of course.

Can't wait to read you critique. Thanks for the help.

Arlene

Hi, I did my review and it is posted on the review page. I might of forgotten a few things but feel free to ask. I am very grateful for all the help everyone gave me on this site. It really help make the trip a better experience.

Thank you, beachchick, spleen, and al th others I can't think of right now..thank you.

Charlotte:)

Archived