Mahogony Beach- Ocho Rios

J&KCruisers

My husband and I spent a couple of hours at Mahogany Beach last Nov. while on our cruise. It was ok. We were not overly impressed. Did not have beautiful water or good snorkeling. There were some jet-skis being ridden while we were there. I think you could rent them, do not know the cost. There was a booth set up selling food and beer and various souvenirs. There was also a woman there braiding hair and someone had a boom box playing music. It was ok, but not nearly as nice as any other beach I have visited in the caribbean. It was a small beach and rather dirty, but not horrible.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Lynn. We have been there several times for lack of knowing where else to go. The beach had zero waves, and it very small. We were hassled time and time again to buy drugs, and don't even do the water sports, if you can call them that. They last only minutes, and cost a fortune. I am not a negative person by any means, I am just telling you like it is. I would think twice about it. I know people on our last cruise went to a beach that they walked to from the pier, and were happy as clams. Go figure.

I agree with Lynn. We have been there several times for lack of knowing where else to go. The beach had zero waves, and it very small. We were hassled time and time again to buy drugs, and don't even do the water sports, if you can call them that. They last only minutes, and cost a fortune. I am not a negative person by any means, I am just telling you like it is. I would think twice about it. I know people on our last cruise went to a beach that they walked to from the pier, and were happy as clams. Go figure.

Archived