Ballroom dancing?

twojays

HI,

We have never been on a Royal Caribbean cruise before, and are considering one on Voyager of the Seas in February.:)

As Ballroom Dancing is one of our interests, we wonder if there would be any on this ship?

Would be grateful for any comments?

Thanks.

On our previous cruises there have always been ballroom dancers there. My inlaws are wonderful ballroom dancers, and they have always enjoyed the entertainment on the ships. If it's not "official" ballroom dancing, you can certainly dance, and other's love to see it. I'm sure you won't be alone.

My hubby says that one day, we will take lessons. My daughter and her DH learned before their wedding. I think it's wonderful. And yes, I'm addicted to Dancing with the Stars!

Come on my cruise, I'd love to see you!

HI,

We have never been on a Royal Caribbean cruise before, and are considering one on Voyager of the Seas in February.:)

As Ballroom Dancing is one of our interests, we wonder if there would be any on this ship?

Would be grateful for any comments?

Thanks.

Yes, there is. You'll find several venues where you can expect to get some dancing in. If you look at my sig, I did a review of my Mariner cruise from April 2006. My wife and I got to dance in several places. The Viking Crown lounge (otherwise known as the flying saucer, rumba, cha-cha), Bolero's (a great Latin themed lounge, lots of salsa, cha-cha and meringe), and the Lotus Lounge (by far, the best dance floor for a foxtrot, or waltz, but we did some great rumbas in there as well). There is piano music in the promenade as well, I saw dancing and probably could have got some ball room in there, as well. Good luck with it.

PS, be prepared to be stopped and congratulated on how good you look by complete strangers, during our last Grandeur cruise, people approached us by the pool, at dinner, in the Jammer and told us how much they loved watching us dance in the Centrum. It was pretty great, we've only been dancing for about 10 months, so we (especially my wife) were pretty happy with the compliments.

Archived