New to Carnival, Looking for information

Roimont

Hi,

I am new to Carnival and was wondering what tips people can give about them vs. other cruise lines. I have been on Royal and Celebrity.

An example would be on Royal not to miss the adult only scavenger hunt. Do they have something like this on Carnival?

I am booked on Valor on the Christmas sailing. Anything special about being on board on Christmas?

I am traveling with my two teen daughters and another family that has 4 children ages 3-18.

Any tips appreciated!

You will have a blast! One tip - make sure all the kids, particularly the teens, attend the camp carnival or Teen 02 club orientations the first night! Teens tend to form a group and hang out together - not necessarily doing club things so it is important to make a connection to other kids the first night!

Our 14 year old son went to orientation and then the dance the first night. A group of kids arranged to meet at the basketball courts after breakfast the next day (boys played and girls watched!;) ) After that, they went swimming and then had a pizza lunch, then went to the arcade and so on and so on! Every night after dinner they would meet up again at the dance and when the dance was over they were off to dance on the lido deck, or sing karaoke, or hang at the arcade. The kids who attended the first night had a real advantage and tend to get comfortable with the other teens pretty quickly!

Have a great cruise!!!

Thanks, I will tell them. Will it be a problem joining the teens because we have late dinner seating. We really like the late seating, it tends to give us more time when we get back from port to relax before dinner.

Thanks, I will tell them. Will it be a problem joining the teens because we have late dinner seating. We really like the late seating, it tends to give us more time when we get back from port to relax before dinner.

We were on the Miracle in October and the Club O2 had the disco for an hour starting at 9:45pm. That should not interfere with your dinner.

Have a great cruise and wonderful time with your family!!

Archived