Need Help..FLL hotel and Trsfr to Ship

tcfila

We are going on 2/25 cruise leaving from Miami. We fly into FLL on 2/24 so we need a hotel close to the airport (hopefully with free shuttle) and need to arrange to get to the pier.

Any advice on a decent hotel?

Is it easiest to just grab a cab? If so, how much for 2 people? I have no idea...

Thanks

I don't want a shuttle from the hotel near FLL to the Miami pier. I just want to know how much to expect for a cab ride.

$75-$85 depending on traffic. A shared ride shuttle from FLL airport to the Port of Miami is $18 per person.

Being the cheapskate I am.....It would be best to stay at a hotel near FLL that offers free shuttles to the airport. The morning of the cruise, go back to the airport and take a shared shuttle.

Does that make sense?

Being the cheapskate I am.....It would be best to stay at a hotel near FLL that offers free shuttles to the airport. The morning of the cruise, go back to the airport and take a shared shuttle.

Does that make sense?

Absolutely ;)

I believe that there is commuter rail service between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. Perhaps for the truly frugal this might be a viable option. In fact I'm thinking of using it to go to South Beach for the day after my QM2 trip in January.

I believe that there is commuter rail service between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. Perhaps for the truly frugal this might be a viable option. In fact I'm thinking of using it to go to South Beach for the day after my QM2 trip in January.

As a reliable service it's not. It's unpredictable, unreliable, prone to delays and breakdowns. I would not use it to get to the port. If your just sightseeing and time doesn't matter, then go for it. ;)

Archived