Voyager Cabin 915

mcgrotty

Has anyone stayed in 915 - Penthouse A on the Voyager? We are concerned about proximity to the elevators and possible noise.

Also wondering if there are lines when restaurants open and if breakfast in the cabin can be selected from the full restaurant breakfast menu.

Thank you.

Has anyone stayed in 915 - Penthouse A on the Voyager? We are concerned about proximity to the elevators and possible noise.

Also wondering if there are lines when restaurants open and if breakfast in the cabin can be selected from the full restaurant breakfast menu.

Thank you.

While we haven't been in your cabin, we've had cabins on other decks in a very similar location and have never heard th elevators or other noise. We like the forward section since there isn't through traffic.

WRT the restaurants, the only time you'll find a line will be in Compass Rose right after some event like the Captain's reception where a large number of folks arrive at once...and then you'll be amazed how fast they get everyone seated. At most 2-3 minutes and that is absolutely the wrst-case scenario. Signatures and Latitudes are timed researvations and, again, the most you'll wait is a minute or so if they are seating someone that arrived just ahead of you. The bottom line is that to ensure full flexibility of the open dining policy, they've overdesigned the main dining venues so you won't ever wait for a table to be cleared (except, maybe, on the pool deck during some lunchtime rush hours).

The in-room breakfast menu has all the standards from the full restaurant menu. Since the hang cards are printed in advance, they won't show the daily features that the restaurant may have. However, if you know what they are you can request them, no problem. Regent works very hard to never say "no" to their passengers.

Portolan is quite right. During my two recent cruises there was never a line at any restaurant. Service was prompt but never hurried and they will try to meet any request. I enjoyed going to La Verandah for breakfast but my guess is that if you ring down for a room service breakfast (as opposed to marking the card and leaving it outside your door) they will tell you what the daily special is for your choice.

As far as noise is concerned, it was never a problem. Our next door suite had two small children and they were either superbly behaved or the noise insulation worked a treat. My wife remarked that if suites on Voyager could be insulated from noise like they are, why do we put up with rowdy neighbours in hotel rooms keeping us awake all hours?

We were in cabin 911 (hard to forget THAT number) so very close to your cabin. No noise whatsoever. And everyone will agree that you'll never wait in a line more than a couple minutes after the Captain's Reception.

As for breakfast, as mentioned the breakfast cards are pre-printed menus, but we often wrote in what we wanted, different from what's on the menu. I happen to like salmon and cream cheese omelets. I wrote that down, and it came just like I requested! That's Regent for ya.

You'll enjoy the forward spot on the boat, and deck 9 is a very comfortable deck to be on.

915 should be no problem, 917 is right at the elevator lobby. I have clients in 819 on an upcoming cruise. When we were on Voyager last year, we had originally been in 820, but opted to take 862 since I was quite concerned about the location, so while we were on we walked up there and checked it out -- 820 is like 917, right at the elevator lobby, but 819 is right under 915, and is far enough away that it wouldn't be an issue, so I had no problem putting my clients in 819, thus I would say the same for 915. Hope I said all that right and didn't confuse you:confused: . I think it will be fine and as said above there is very little traffic up there, mostly just those in the cabins up forward.

We were in 914 last summer and there was no noise at all. It is a great location. We have never had a line at any of their restaurants, even when the ship has been full such as on the World Cruise, and room service is superb. Just ask ask for anything, and Regent will make it happen!

Archived