No salt added diet on Mariner

lisareader

I was just wondering if anyone knows about no salt diets on the Mariner. My boyfriend is on a strict diet and he will not vary from his diet. We have previously cruised on Princess and they were not always accommodating. That is one of the main reasons that we decided to spend a lot more $ for the Mariner. Specifically, do you know if they can prepare special no salt added breakfasts and lunches? How about the Cordon Bleu restaurant - I read that they will not alter their menu items. Thanks in advance for anyone who may have answers for me. Our first Regent cruise is on 12/18/06 to Mexico - I can't wait!

The Compass Rose (the main dining room) there is always a section for no-low salt selections. They are also very accomodating about making special selections if you give them 24 hours notice. As soon as you board, talk to the staff at the desk of the Compass Rose and they can prepare special meals for you if the normal no-low salt menu is not adequate.

Lisa,

Jan is right, on page 4 of the Compass Rose menu, there are always 3 items that are listed as "No Salt Added." Make sure that you have your boyfriend speak with the Dining Room Manager and he provides menus the day before and meets with people with special dietary needs to discuss with them any special requests beyond what will be available from the menus. I don't have any information on how that is handled outside of Compass Rose, but when he discusses his needs with the Dining Room Manager, he can probably find out. Below are links for a few weeks of menus that we scanned from Voyager earlier this year. I would expect the same types of menus on Mariner. Enjoy!

Debbie

http://journals.aol.com/dfriia/WestwardWorldCircumnavigation200/entries/2006/01/01/compass-rose-menus-dec-27-jan-01/204

http://journals.aol.com/dfriia/WestwardWorldCircumnavigation200/entries/2006/03/12/menus-from-march-8-to-12/280

Archived